Not cool

Options
13»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    OP, what thread did you post on that instantly got you 40 friend requests? Where you in the chit-chat forum?

She posted an "add me" thread. Then apparently got upset that people did.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    OP, what thread did you post on that instantly got you 40 friend requests? Where you in the chit-chat forum?

She posted an "add me" thread. Then apparently got upset that people did.

Ohhhhh. Makes sense.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    leoslady09 wrote: »
    Anyways... Moving forward... Are there any personal trainers in the forum?

I think this is MFP for, "anyone selling beachbody?"

Thats what i thought too !if she thought the friend requests where insane before, now she'll get bombarded with woo peddling coaches and what not..,,,
  • bleanbeef
    bleanbeef Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You mad bro?? Hey, what's your #, I'm here to help
  • leoslady09
    leoslady09 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Clearly y'all took this whole thing wrong, everyone is in attack mode. I wanted information, period.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    She just posted another looking for friends thread too. :|
  • arditarose
    Options
    Clearly y'all took this whole thing wrong, everyone is in attack mode. I wanted information, period.

What information did you want, specifically? Sorry I only saw a question asking if anyone was a personal trainer. Do you have question?
  • leoslady09
    Options
    this forum isn't for me, clearly. Yall be easy ✌️
  • Alatariel75
    edited July 2015
    Options

But you've started 2 threads now saying you're looking for friends. You put nothing about your goals, what you are doing, your plan, or specifically what you're looking for?\. So how can you be upset that you get superficial friend requests when you only post superficial requests for friends?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Interesting.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    OP
    eat a cookie. Or a brownie. You sound hangry. Maybe some ice cream AND a brownie...something. Cuz you need to chill the fruck out!!
  • leoslady09
    Options
    I am looking for anyone with information on losing weight, weight loss programs, healthy eating habits, that is all.
  • leoslady09
    Options
    Yes I wanted to know if anyone in this forum is a personal trainer and can give pointers.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I am looking for anyone with information on losing weight, weight loss programs, healthy eating habits, that is all.

So how about you say that in the threads where you're asking for friends? No one is psychic. It's a community. Don't post vague threads asking for friend requests then pout when you get them.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

There's a forum full of that, you can totally ask questions... but making threads looking for friends and then getting mad when random people send you a FR is ridiculous.

This post is a great place to start...
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    There is a great stickied thread at the top of the weightloss section with great information. Will get you off to a nice start.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

But but...where did you ask that? Your post didn't mention that at all.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

There are plenty of people here who know about these things. Is there a particular area you are having trouble with? What have you tried so far?
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Also
    2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Adam, MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.