Looking for friends & tips on weight loss, personal training, heathy eating!

Options
need info and tips!

Replies

• pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    It all really comes down to eating at a calorie deficit.

If you stick to the calorie limit MFP gives you, you will lose weight. But that means that you need to track everything you ingest and be honest about your tracking.
  • leoslady09
    leoslady09 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yea that's the hard part lol... I lack in eating healthier my body is use to certain foods....
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of carbs and things that might not be super good for me. The main thing is watching portion size. If I want pasta, I'll just have one serving instead of 5 lol
  • nutellatata
    nutellatata Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also new here and working really hard to lose weight! I didn't know why I didn't use this app since a long time ago. This app is amazing! I just realize how badly I've eaten and the delicious meals I ate have so little vitamins and is loaded with sodium and fat... Now I load my fridge with fresh and healthy ingredients instead of eating out because god knows how many MSG they put in my food (I live in asia and everyone here use msg) and how much old oil they use in my stir fry! Wish you luck in your journey!
  • lalalalalaurie
    lalalalalaurie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    As someone who has many years of experience in losing epicly and gaining back even more every time, it is essential to lose the weight, yes, but the most important is maintaining. That is the hardest part. Losing is easy in comparison.

I believe the only way to avoid this is to lose fat and gain muscle. The muscle gaining is extremely important. For the following reasons:
    1. Muscle controls metabolism. Muscle loss (caused by food deprivation, inactivity and aging) makes the bodies metabolism slow down.
    2. Muscle steals calories from fat. And fat takes calories from muscles.

Eat lean, low fat, whole grain, enough protein (can be found in beans too)

Weight lift, walk, anything muscle building. I believe it is more important than cardio.