Dumbbells for 30 day spread

hi I'm new to working out and weights. Which size should I use? My hubby went out and got me 2kg ones and I did use them but think they may be too heavy, although I did manage to do it! Is it best to start smaller? I came downstairs this morning to find the toddler carrying them around, one in each hand, clearly not too heavy for him!

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Generally I use ones that I can get about 8 reps out. If the last couple are hard then that's the right weight for me. Nobody can tell you the correct weight. But yay you got starting!!!!!

My 2 year old carries my 5kg kettlebell around all the time. It's so cute
  • britebloomz
    britebloomz Posts: 18 Member
    I think you meant to type 30 Day Shred :) -- if so, I started out with 3 lb and 5 lb weights as I could go heavier with some of the moves. If you can manage with your 2kg weights then stick with it and get some heavier ones as you progress so that you are always challenging yourself. But pay attention to your body--don't challenge yourself to the point where you get an injury as that would defeat the purpose. Good luck!
  • LADYDEBORAH1984
    LADYDEBORAH1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Thanks everyone, will continue with my 2kg ones. My arms hurt so much today, and my legs too