im new ... 5ft 3in 42 year old wanting to loose about 25lb

Humphries6
Humphries6 Posts: 4 Member
Hi
I am new to this site. I was looking at joining slimming world online and this was suggested as a great alternative.

I never used to even think about what I ate but since hitting the big 40 and I think being more content with my life I have found myself about 2 stone heavier and I don't like it.

My job has changed and I spend most of my day sitting which doesn't help at all.

Would anyone similar like to join me please??

Replies

• alco1966
    alco1966 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi, Im in the same boat as you, I would like to loose a couple of stone, I do move around a lot but also spend a lot of the day doing paperwork sat at a desk... Im 49 and at the age of other issues... and weight gain is one of them. Iv used fitness pal before to ensure actually eat... my problem is I don't have enough calorie intake. I sometimes struggle to eat 1000 calories a day. Happy to pal up and support you / each other if you like.
  • Humphries6
    Hi, Im in the same boat as you, I would like to loose a couple of stone, I do move around a lot but also spend a lot of the day doing paperwork sat at a desk... Im 49 and at the age of other issues... and weight gain is one of them. Iv used fitness pal before to ensure actually eat... my problem is I don't have enough calorie intake. I sometimes struggle to eat 1000 calories a day. Happy to pal up and support you / each other if you like.

Thanks x
  • Humphries6
    I'm not sure hiw to add so feel free to add me x thanks x
  • alco1966
    I believe you go to profile and add as a friend.. il try x
  • alco1966
    done, you should receive a friends request x
  • MVMama712
    MVMama712 Posts: 5 Member
    I ladies. I am 43 looking to lose 30 lbs. I just starting on MFP on June 30. I'm looking for others similar in age and amount to lose :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    this is my standard advice:

1. Enter stats into MFP and set for x amount of weight loss.
    2. Eat to the number that MFP gives you.
    3. get a food scale and weigh all solid foods, and as many liquids as possible.
    4. log everything
    5. make sure that you are using correct MFP database entries
    6. realize that there are no bad foods and that while the majority of foods should come from nutrient dense sources, there is nothing wrong with having pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc, as long as ones micro and macro needs are met.
    7. macro setting are typically .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 grams of fat per pound of body weight; fill in rest with carbs.
    8. find a form of exercise that you like and do it < not necessary for weight loss, but is for overall health and body comp.

I would recommend reviewing the below stickie as well.

sidesteels guide:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants