Anyone else starting all over again!?

Options
Hi all!! Anyone else like me and starting over again? losing weight they've already lost before (more than once) and now determined to do it all over again and then some!? I have 40lbs I want to lose, 20lbs of which I have lost and regained too many times! frustrated with how many times iv got so far and then lost track and re gained!! anyone in this predicament please feel free to add for support and newbies too!!!

Replies

• fitgirldanyel
    fitgirldanyel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is my second go around also. I am getting close to my goal weight but it has been a long road. Don't give up! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    This is my third weight loss attempt. Each time I got a bit closer to my goal weight. But logging my food has opened a whole new door for me and I'm going to get my goal this time and stay there :smile:

Over the years I've pretty much gone (in lb.)

250 > 200 > 220 > 188 > 220 > 183 and continuing to drop
  • WyshIKnew
    WyshIKnew Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My second time.

I think my big mistake was just simply relaxing and saying "hurray, I've done it!" when I got around the weight I wanted to be, So bloody angry with myself, I just 'took my eye off the ball'.

I should have gone into maintenance mode, instead month by month my old habits gradually crept back in. Inconvenient work rosters (lots of early and late shifts) and doing work around the house has made it easy for me to 'watch what I eat tomorrow'.

However, on the plus side I'm not as big as I was the last time, and to be honest, apart from a few minor hiccups I found it easy the last time I did it. To the point where I was almost wandering around in a daze saying "why didn't I do this years ago?" Hopefully it will be as easy this time around.
  • janaravi
    janaravi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me with you. I have not been consistent with exercise in the past. I am determined to go through this time. Hang in there & keep exercising, keep dieting. You will get there. Remember you did not load all those pounds overnight. You are not going to lose them either. Lets keep motivating one another till we all reach the finish line.

Best of Luck.
  • kaiwooglin
    kaiwooglin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I there with you, my down fall or series of down falls begins with breaking bones, losing a good job, sitting around drinking beer and eating little debbie snacks. Once again I jump back in the saddle to do it all over again.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm a returning member too. I lost 70 pounds and gained back 45 of them. Mostly I just gave up for awhile.
    Finally feeling motivated again and feel that I'm not dieting, this is just the way I live.
  • SummerStart2015
    SummerStart2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, glad I'm not the only one!! have sent you all requests! it's easily done slipping in the bad habits again and although in some ways it's easier because we know we can do it and what works it can be harder getting motivated the second, third or fourth time around!! let's crack on :)
  • Porcinette
    Porcinette Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me!!! 40 lbs to lose
  • in_faith
    in_faith Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Me too! Now I realize how important it is to stay on track.. even with moderate exercise and half the week with healthy eating to minimally maintain. Now I'm back. Feel free to add me, and I will the same.
  • BethKL
    BethKL Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting all over again too, it's been 36 months since I logged on! I didn't really get very far last time and found the whole losing weight/exercise jargon very complicated and depressing. I'm taking a different approach this time, trying to keep things simple and less restrictive so I have a chance of getting somewhere.

Could do with some new friends on here, all my old ones have left, anyone feeling friendly?!
  • rcm_71
    rcm_71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hit my ultimate goal of 60 pounds loss a year ago or so. then it all got the best of me, I began to self punish and gained almost all of it back. Though I look better at this weight then I did before losing, I still need to lose about 25 pounds of it again. I got back at it 3 months ago and was doing well, till about 6 weeks ago when my dad was diagnosed with cancer and nothing could be done. He has since passed and I just got back two days ago from Reno for his funeral. I am ready to get off this stress train, and get back to taking care of myself. That's what he would want for me. Anyone can add me if you like! I know it is much easier to do when not at it alone!
  • KimberlyLBergman
    KimberlyLBergman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Back after 6 months off. gained a bit during that time and now back to really focusing on my goal. I live in Phoenix so it's easy to just stay indoors, but I've been making myself walk everyday (late evenings) and feeling lighter and healthier already. Feel free to add me.
  • BTClan
    BTClan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep! It's been a yo yo! Determined this time to not let it happen again. What's different for me this go round is practicing yoga and not cutting out any food group. I still have 10-15 to go and more toning but I'm starting to feel strong and see muscle and I love it! Summerstart I added you as a friend. Feel free to add back...love the motivation from others!
  • iamsmara
    iamsmara Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me. Weighed 76 kilos at the start of this year, consistently lose a kilo a month (thanks to MFP, diet and exercise), came off birth control in april - I was almost 71 kilos then - and two months fast forward, have put back on all the lost weight (currently weighing 75 kilos). Feel like killing myself, but hey, you can't win against hormones. But I am back on the wagon now, and want to start again. I would be happy to lose the 5 kilos by this year, permanently.
  • SummerStart2015
    Options
    rcm_71 wrote: »
    I hit my ultimate goal of 60 pounds loss a year ago or so. then it all got the best of me, I began to self punish and gained almost all of it back. Though I look better at this weight then I did before losing, I still need to lose about 25 pounds of it again. I got back at it 3 months ago and was doing well, till about 6 weeks ago when my dad was diagnosed with cancer and nothing could be done. He has since passed and I just got back two days ago from Reno for his funeral. I am ready to get off this stress train, and get back to taking care of myself. That's what he would want for me. Anyone can add me if you like! I know it is much easier to do when not at it alone!

Sorry for your loss, with all the best intentions in the world life throws things at us at times and we are only human! and let's face it food is a damn good comforter!! well done for losing 60lbs to start with that is fab! focus on that and your ability to lose weight when you want to and don't feel bad for gaining, life happens! and our weight doesn't define us it goes up and down and we do! when the timings right we get ourselves back I. the zone and focused and seems like we are ready in this thread to get going again!!
  • SummerStart2015
    Options
    iamsmara wrote: »
    Me. Weighed 76 kilos at the start of this year, consistently lose a kilo a month (thanks to MFP, diet and exercise), came off birth control in april - I was almost 71 kilos then - and two months fast forward, have put back on all the lost weight (currently weighing 75 kilos). Feel like killing myself, but hey, you can't win against hormones. But I am back on the wagon now, and want to start again. I would be happy to lose the 5 kilos by this year, permanently.

yep! I know hormones can be a battle! mine was the other way round I gained weight whilst using the implant and lost it quite easily once it was removed!! iv now got the copper coil which suits me
  • tatbrat99
    tatbrat99 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is my....I don't know how many times I've started over
  • Heatherdawnxoxo
    Heatherdawnxoxo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    2 years ago I lost 35-40 lbs using mfp and going to a bootcamp class ...then fell off the wagon and have gained most of it back. I changed my eating and returned to mfp approx 3 weeks ago. I have also been out jogging using the c25k app ...and so far I'm down 7.1lbs :smile: trying hard to keep at it and thinking about things with a different mindset ...there are soooo many things in this world that we cannot control ..so why not take control of the things we can?!
  • bevkaysmith
    bevkaysmith Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Third time for me. .. add me..
  • 50andhappy8464
    50andhappy8464 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Coming back after loosing 30 in 7 months. And 9 months later weighing back in with the 30 plus some. Been having a horrible time, even getting started again. Everyday is a tomorrow. The first go around was easy to stay committed, I had no problems at all. My eating habits are completly out of control, serving sizes, and unhealthy eating. I sure could use some help with motivation and accountability, if anyone's interested. 50 yr, female, target weight of 110. At 148 right now. Going for WOW, that's 38 lbs. I am so disqusted and disappointed in myself.