What DVD shall I buy next?

Options
mazdauk
mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
Ok, so i've been swearing by Rosemary Conley for the past six months (and years before!) and I still think they're the best, but I've pretty much got all of them (plus a compilation of "best bits" of the ones I don't have) so where next?

I was having a browse on Amazon and was quite taken by the thought of the Ministry of Sound DVDs - reviews suggested they had a lot of dance in them (which I love) but still provided good ab work-outs (need to lose the flabby tummy - yes I know you can't spot-reduce but you can spot-exercise!). I do my Wii Zumba but I'm looking for something more flexible 9the sort where you can plan your workout depending on tie available)

From what I've read about 30DS etc that wouldn't suit me as I can't do jumping jacks/star jumps. I don't have a lot of room in my living room, so i don't think an exercise ball is an option (wherever I put it in the house I'd end up having to move it) but I'd like a mix of dancing and core-strength exercises. And I'm too tight to pay over £10 :ohwell:

Any suggestions?

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I love Davina's exercise DVDs and my favourite is last years - Davina Ultimate Target (£8.50 on Amazon). There's an aerobic and resistance workout with dumbbells and a separate abs section, and the music's really new and dancy. There's a low-impact version of any jumping moves. Plus it has presenters you don't want to kill by the end of it!
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    how about some kettlebell DVDs/Kettleworx? great for cardio and strength but without the jumping about?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    The 10 Minute Solution series is awesome and about £4 a pop. You can combine up to five 10 minute workouts into a routine for whatever time you have available. The kettlebell one is demonstrated with a dumbbell so you can try before you buy!
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire sounds perfect for you. There is a lot of dancing and core strength. There is jumping, but you can adjust it to be low impact. The music is good and it's so fun!!
    Ok, so i've been swearing by Rosemary Conley for the past six months (and years before!) and I still think they're the best, but I've pretty much got all of them (plus a compilation of "best bits" of the ones I don't have) so where next?

I was having a browse on Amazon and was quite taken by the thought of the Ministry of Sound DVDs - reviews suggested they had a lot of dance in them (which I love) but still provided good ab work-outs (need to lose the flabby tummy - yes I know you can't spot-reduce but you can spot-exercise!). I do my Wii Zumba but I'm looking for something more flexible 9the sort where you can plan your workout depending on tie available)

From what I've read about 30DS etc that wouldn't suit me as I can't do jumping jacks/star jumps. I don't have a lot of room in my living room, so i don't think an exercise ball is an option (wherever I put it in the house I'd end up having to move it) but I'd like a mix of dancing and core-strength exercises. And I'm too tight to pay over £10 :ohwell:

Any suggestions?
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I've got wrist weights but that's all at the moment. I can see I need to research weights too!

ETA Turbofire is over £100 :huh: That's not making the cut:wink:

ETA Just ordered Davina Body Buff, £5.61 from Amazon free P&P. Bargain!