How do you all deal with holiday parties with all the food?

Options
2»

Replies

• 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I stay home alone and watch Seinfeld reruns instead of going to holiday parties. Works like a charm.

Seriously, I'd eat right before I went and then just nibble perfunctorily to throw them off the scent. Also avoid alcohol altogether. Not a lot of fun, I'll admit.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A couple of options it all depends on my mood

1. i squeeze everything in my calorie allowance ( which means eating less and training more if i have too)
    2. idem as 1...plus i eat just below maintenance level.
    3. i go over and dont give a ****

All worked perfectly because the next day i went back to normal again.
    Its not a holiday that makes you overweight, it is eating to much all the next days after the holidays!!!!!
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Its not a holiday that makes you overweight, it is eating to much all the next days after the holidays!!!!!
    This is so true! I am repeating this to myself over and over today!

• MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Angierae75 wrote: »
    This is my way of looking at it: thin people indulge occasionally, too. I am not going to spend a holiday or a birthday obsessing about what I eat.

I'm going to a party tonight. I walked 3.5 miles this morning to make sure I got my steps in. I ate a reasonable breakfast and will eat a reasonable lunch. And then I will go to the party and eat _reasonably_, but I will eat what I want. Will I be over calories? Probably. Will I be over maintenance? Maybe. Will I have a slightly smaller loss this week? Yup.

Oh well.

This. I'm a big fan of looking at my monthly stats instead of daily stats. I expect that during the holiday parties I'll eat over maintenance. After holidays, I normally resume back to normal. I also expect that during the spring and summer months I find myself wanting to be outside more, which results in me being more active. As long as you're consistent with healthy eating and exercising habits, you'll be successful. Being on top of your nutrition is important. However, it is just as important to allow yourself to eat the foods you want once in a without stressing out so much. It's all about lifelong success!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I log what I can for the day, but spend the time enjoying the holiday with friends and family. As long as I am on point with my logging and intake 99% of the time, one day here and there will not destroy the progress I have made.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Life happens. Regardless of the method you chose; fitting in, earning extra or going over, it's just one day.