Has logging food opened your eyes?

Options
2»

Replies

• 3438nancy
    3438nancy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will start focusing on getting enough fiber and protien and not worry about healthy fats but try to swap them for bad fats like fats that are bound chemically to processed foods
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Started logging what I age; discovered I wasn't eating enough and what I was eating (although healthy) had too much sugar. Increased the calories and cut back on the sugar and lost the few lbs I wanted to (and then some). Don't realize what you are eating till you start writing it down and tracking it.
  • Zarnoo
    Zarnoo Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sure! I was eating way too much protein. And my carbs where high in sugar.
    Now protein levels are now on point, the excess is replaced with high fiber carbs and so the extra sugar is gone. Also my sleep has improved a lot..
    Tracking/Logging = Easy Results
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    3438nancy wrote: »
    I just now realized that after 3 weeks of logging that I have a fat tooth while I thought my biggest problem was sugar and salt.

Salads have more fat in the dressings than I thought. Even though my calories are under the goal on most days my log reveals a high fat percentage 42-51well over the 30% goal
    Brownies and sausage for lunch? what was I thinking ?

How can I keep the flavor and cut fat without adding sugar? does anyone have any suggestions I am trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners and hidden sugars in lowfat foods and cut processsed food as much as possible 80-90 percent of the time

My biggest revelation was an average day equated to 3500+ calories a day.

Once I was aware of that fact I easily cut 1500 a day without feeling remotely hungry. Cravings yeah but not real hunger.

I'm just getting to the point where I really have to concern my self with macros and such. My base intake is 2000, or 1500 less than before. At first the weight fell off and I really ate whatever I wanted within my budget. I think when the margins tightened up as the weight came off I felt the effect of not getting the nutrients and such I needed. I had a few days where I felt sick and lethargic. When I stopped replacing meals with treats I immediately got better.

I'm transitioning from weight loss to wanting to build muscle so paying attention to these things will be more important than ever.
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Vinager and mustard and plain greek yogarts are all great bases for salad dressings, measure it you make it... for example

yogart / garlic / a pinch salt/ mustard/ and a herb of choice

its a great dressing...
    I always have fat and protien and veggie and to every meal nuts/ cheese/ egg or animal protien chicken ect..
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You bet it has opened my eyes....I'm glad I saw how much sodium I was taking in. Yikerz!

ME TOO!