Inches

Options
i want to lose 2 inches off of my waist by August 7 and one inch off of my hips.Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, so even if you lost weight you might not lose it from those areas.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Fat will come off where your body wants it to come off. And it absolutely won't come off in a month's timeframe.

You can eat at an appropriate calorie level to reduce weight based on your stats. If you're < 25 lbs overweight, the most you should shoot for is about .5 lbs/wk.

Also, those inches may or may not even be achievable numbers, since it depends on what your current stats are in relation to your frame.
  • DCSKULL
    DCSKULL Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I understand and will adjust accordingly. I am not overweight, I just want to get a better figure. Truthfully it probably strengthening that I want more I do not need to lose fat, according to my docotor. Does anyone have any ideas about how to stregthen my core a little bit by the date above?
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    Look into a body recomposition plan. Eating at or near maintenance (not losing/gaining) and lifting.

And why that specific date?
  • DCSKULL
    Options
    I have a huge event that day.
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    Well, if it is a wedding, then you might be better served by getting the dress to fit your current figure, and maintaining. It's too short a timeframe, and last minute alterations will be a pain to handle.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Strengthening your core isn't going to reduce your waist and hips in a one month timeframe.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Spanx
  • DCSKULL
    Options
    I have been toning for the last 8 months and I was in decent shape to begin with and last week I went to see my doctor and he said that I am in good shape, and overall I like my body, I would like to just get as much more as I can in the time I have left before the event. And it is not a wedding, but a beach party with my long distance partner who I have not seen in 12 months due to school.
  • DCSKULL
    Options
    Strengthening your core isn't going to reduce your waist and hips in a one month timeframe.
    Not as much as losing inches, but a little, and I emphasize a little, more toning. This can be seen in my last post.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    DCSKULL wrote: »
    I have been toning for the last 8 months and I was in decent shape to begin with and last week I went to see my doctor and he said that I am in good shape, and overall I like my body, I would like to just get as much more as I can in the time I have left before the event. And it is not a wedding, but a beach party with my long distance partner who I have not seen in 12 months due to school.

Spanx sells swimwear.
  • Azexas
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    DCSKULL wrote: »

Spanx sells swimwear.

hmmm...good to know :)
  • DCSKULL
    Options
    Since my doctor said that I am in good shape should I just continue what I have been doing and stop obsessing? And thanks to all.
  • Azexas
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    You can eat at an appropriate calorie level to reduce weight based on your stats. If you're < 25 lbs overweight, the most you should shoot for is about .5 lbs/wk.

In your mind it should take A YEAR to lose 25 lbs!? That's crazy.

A 1-2 lb loss per week is perfectly reasonable with any level of overweight of obese status.

Op never said she was overweight.

Generally speaking when a person has less than 25 pounds to lose, setting at a half pound will give a pretty reasonably deficit.

One to two pounds may create too drastic of a deficit for a person to follow.

Back on topic: op, yes stop obsessing and enjoy the time with your significant other. :)
  • Azexas
    edited July 2015
    Options
    (Decided not to continue a debate that was derailing the thread)