My name is Connie Thompson - Dieting Forever and I need support!!!

Options
I'm starting over with learning to eat healthy and exercise on a regular basis. My thing is getting discouraged and giving up.

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    conniejo48 wrote: »
    I'm starting over with learning to eat healthy and exercise on a regular basis. My thing is getting discouraged and giving up.

Well your thing sucks.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,933 Member
    Options
    Do.
    Don't.

If you get discouraged by weight fluctuations use a trendline web site or application.

Www.weightgrapher.com (has manual entry option, option below will also work)
    Www.trend weight.com (In conjunction with a free fitbit account for manual entry if your weight if you don't have a supported scale)
    Happy scale on the iPhone...

All these look at a 10 day trend and give you a more accurate picture of your day to day fluctuation.

Weightgrapher can be set to an arbitrary time period and also superimpose a previous user defined 28 day (adjustable) monthly cycle to account for weight variations due to hormonal changes
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When you want it badly enough, you'll do it and stick with it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    When you want it badly enough, you'll do it and stick with it.

Yep. This has been my experience as well. :)
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    If this is something you truly want and are willing to work hard to get it, than it will happen. My name is also Connie you can add me if you want.
  • Healthexp693
    Healthexp693 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dieting may be your problem. Diets are never sustainable and lead to weight loss weight gain cycles. You simply need to permanently change your lifestyle habits for life. Learning to cook is the best thing you can do and educating yourself on nutrition - not the internet! Friend me I can share meals and recipes
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Dieting may be your problem. Diets are never sustainable and lead to weight loss weight gain cycles. You simply need to permanently change your lifestyle habits for life. Learning to cook is the best thing you can do and educating yourself on nutrition - not the internet! Friend me I can share meals and recipes

+1

When you look at what your eating as "your diet" (aka, your food intake) and not as "a diet" (aka whatever current fad is out there) you will find weight loss so much easier.