Same weight for five days

Options
fun_b
fun_b Posts: 199 Member
I have Wii Fit Scales and my weight is usually going down consistently or going up one day and then back down next (yoyoing). Occasionally my weight will stay the same the next day but by the third day it changes either up or down. I have now had the same weight for five days which has never happened before. I have tried mixing up my food and changing my exercise routines but nothing seems to be working. I know it's only been five days and I am probably being impatient but does anyone have any advice? I hate no seeing any progress. Thanks

Replies

• sendit
    sendit Posts: 28
    Options
    It's ok. It happens. Stick with it and you'll see results.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Why are you weighing yourself daily? You can fluctuate 3-5 pounds daily just from water weight. You are setting yourself up for frustration by weighing in daily. Go to once per week or once every two weeks on the same day upon waking up and after the first bathroom trip.

Trust me... the scale will piss you off on a daily basis...
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Weighing is like rolling a dice cube (for me, very much like as the range I may see is about 6 pounds total). The odds are against seeing the same number 5 times in a row, but it happens sometimes. Even if the range has moved slightly, you might see the same number a few days in a row. 5 days is not much time. If you are doing the right things faithfully, it will work.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Expecting to lose weight everyday isn't really a reasonable expectation because we didn't gain this weight overnight so we won't lose it overnight. Rather than viewing this as weight loss, look at this as health gain. Please find some other markers to measure health gain other than a number on a scale. I highly suggest taking measurements because they can be more satisfying than the number on the scale. For me, losing 6 inches off of my waist meant more to me viscerally than 74 pounds lost.
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every day and got used to seeing results daily, but after week 1-2 it fluctuated and I like you did not understand. Now I know that it goes up and down over the course of the week and usually ends up a pound or so down at the end of the week so have restricted myself to weekly weigh-ins. Sometimes it is the still the same after a week then might lose 2 pounds by the next weigh in.
    Focus on the positives, how your clothes feel, how you look when you notice changes in your face or arms maybe?

Choose a weigh in day and stick to it.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Why are you weighing yourself daily? You can fluctuate 3-5 pounds daily just from water weight. You are setting yourself up for frustration by weighing in daily. Go to once per week or once every two weeks on the same day upon waking up and after the first bathroom trip.

Trust me... the scale will piss you off on a daily basis...
    I am at the other extreme; just about anytime I am in the bathroom with little or nothing on, I step on just to see what it says. I see it so often (usually daily) that I am used to the fluctuations and all I really care about is the lowest number I have see recently as long as I am seeing that move lower every now and then. I would think weighing only once a week would drive people crazy because you don't know if that was a high or low weight in your current range. Because I weigh often, I know that sometimes even naked first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and before having anything to eat or drink is not always the lowest number. Usually, but not always.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Dont be dishearten by not loosing weight for five days in a row. Weight changes through out the week alot, so in stead of weighing yourself every day, try it once a week, or like me I live it every 2 week same day, same scales, same variables.