Water retention, weight fluctuations, vent

Options
I am so sick of weight fluctuations caused by water retention.

I wish my body would just stop randomly (to me) retaining water!

It is driving me CRAZY.

It is not primarily sodium, generally I keep my sodium intake low. Right now I think it is more the summer heat and humidity and I need to drink more water.

Overall I find it so frustrating. I hate seeing the scale suddenly jump up, even though I know before weighing myself that it will (tight ring is the clear indicator)

Other than drink more water and watching sodium, anyone have any good ideas for preventing water retention?

Replies

• fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This is so maddening to me as well. I don't have answers, I just searched for this topic to find them myself. I decided to weigh myself on Fridays and to record that weight, but I admittedly weigh myself every day. On Wednesday, I weighed 2 pounds less than my Friday weight, but I didn't record it because I KNEW it would go up, even if just a little. Lo and behold, I am the same weight as last Friday (maybe some tenths of a point different; I don't know because when I saw the number, I jumped off the scale angrily, lol). I ate over my calories on Thursday, but I was still technically at a deficit according to my maintenance calories. I have been eating a soup with a bunch of sodium, so that could be it. But this happens to me all the time, regardless of my sodium intake it seems.

Sorry to vent on your vent post. I am very frustrated this morning. I know people will say that it's normal, but it doesn't really change how I feel, how hard I've been working. :ohwell:
  • bekkahlokey
    Options
    Bump
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    I've run into that myself. I know last year when the heat was super bad, I was retaining water badly and had a sunburn too, so I soaked in salt water (our pool is salt water) and by the next day, my retention was really low, then gone after a couple of days.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuations are normal. You are not going to change that. What you need to do is stop worshipping the scale & letting the number rule your emotions.