high protein ideas?

2»

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Quest bar is awesome!!!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Greek yogurt is a great way to get protein in. Also, you could always pick up some protein bars. There are lots of brands, and they all have really good flavors!
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Don't forget to change around the way you prepare the proteins!! There are a million different ways to cook chicken for example. Try chicken "pizza"... either half a chicken breast or pound it flatter so that it is even. Add seasonings that you like (i'm a garlic, salt, italian seasoning person), stick it in the oven. After about 15 minutes, pull it out and put a slice of cheddar cheese (or mozzerella, or colby jack or.... any cheese you want really) and a few pepperoni slices. Let it finish cooking and it is delicious. Be creative with it, add mushrooms or diced green pepper. Whatever you like.

With yogurt, buy some plain greek and then experiment with flavouring it yourself. Try some sugar free syrups, try espresso powder (my personal fave), try adding in some crystal light packets (not the whole thing!) or berries or walnuts, etc. Twist it around a bit!

Make your own trail mix (walgreens has some great nut mixes pretty cheap... with some dark chocolate chips? yummy!)... go to whole foods and try a new cheese.

Also, i'm not sure if you are limiting your fat intake... but if you are... I would stop worrying about it. When you are doing a high protein diet, it generally means you are limiting carbs... and limiting fats as well? It just doesn't work out very well! I'm not saying go and eat a ribeye every night, but maybe think about having full fat yogurt instead of fat free... and not worrying about cheeses or nuts, etc. It really opens up a lot more variety and has a better flavour. Also, many items that are low-fat have added carbohydrates or products added in to improve flavour.

Good luck! Try not to burn out- let yourself have a treat every once in a while :)
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    I use Tera'sWhey Grass-Fed, Organic whey mixed with a tad of almond milk for my coffee creamer in the morning...one 15 oz cup o' joe giving me 34 grams of protein to start my day. :) Yummy, luxurious, creamy, goodness!

Then, generally on lift days, I whip up a chocolate shake, using Tera'sWhey again, almond milk, bananas, raw cacao (chocolate), a bit of stevia to sweeten, and some ice cubes. That makes a delicious chocolate shake, which keeps me from missing ice cream. :D

In addition, I like to add a scoop or two of Garden of Life "Raw Protein" to my green smoothies. It's a non-soy, plant based, raw, organic protein powder.

I get plenty of protein. Diary's open, if you're interested.
  • byustrongman
    byustrongman Posts: 74 Member
    Here you go:

4 oz fat free greek yogurt (look for low carb, too)
    2 eggs
    1 scoop protein powder (i like either pb cookie dough from gaspari or vanilla ON)

Mix. Spray pan with cooking spray. Pour. Cook until bubble around the edges, then flip. Cook another 90 seconds.

Top with 1 tbsp of pb and co white chocolate wonderful or mighty maple or dark chocolate dreams...

450 calories, 52 g of protein, 19 grams of fat, 16 g of carbs.