OK, Why not...

Options
ndboston
ndboston Posts: 19 Member
I've been dieting now for 3 months but only on MyFitnessPal for 2.

At this moment, I'm 254 lbs, 6' and looking at a goal of 185. To get there, I'm doing cardio 5 days a week (60 minutes a day) and trying to lift 3 times a week. I'm addicted to the Cybex Arc Trainer at this point ;). I've gone from a size 44 wait to 38 and want to end up at 32-33. Yikes!

It's not easy. My job (especially at this time of the year) is very stressful and I've been hungry for 2 straight months! My weakness comes at night and I'm hoping to talk with people going through the same things and it feels good to read success stories. Awesome job folks.

Thanks for reading my diatribe and feel free to friend me.

Steve

Replies

• Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    Helloo,
    You should never let yourself get too hungry! You should listen to your body :) Being hungry also just makes you crave more junk food. If you eat a good amount of food to keep your body feeling satisfied, you will find that you will stay on track and eat more clean. But anyway sounds like you're doing a great job and I think you're exercise regime is great :)
  • ndboston
    ndboston Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I should have been more clear. My issue of being hungry is only after 8-9pm at night. The rest of the day is fine. Thanks for your response and appreciate your comments.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Night hunger is worse for me, too. I have been tweaking correcting this by eating dinner later - post evening workout - which is usually around 7:45PM. Personally, I don't like to eat after 8PM but that is just personal. There are a lot of people who swear by not eating after 8PM or even after 6PM but it's just not logistically possible for me. I leave work at 5PM and go to workout. If I eat before I workout, it messes with me - especially if I'm doing heavy cardio.

Another thing I do when I'm hungry at night is drink a lot of water and sometimes I'll let myself snack on carrots or even an apple. All are pretty filling - even if they're not particularly yummy (sans apple)!

Good luck!!
  • uortian
    uortian Posts: 28
    Options
    For me, it's more of a boredom thing. I am a teacher on summer break living in a tiny town away from everything! We have no gym, pool, etc. to help pass the time. I tried to go to the h.s. track to walk and they had closed it off. Grief! It's times like these that I wish I could move back to the big city.

So, with nothing to do, I tend to find myself munching on things here and there when I'm not even hungry. The fact that you are doing all those workouts is great motivation for me. Good job! And I agree with the earlier posts on here, keep fruit and veggies handy for those pangs of night hunger! That's what I have been trying to do. I'm only on Day 2, but just being on MFP has really helped motivate me.

Again, good luck!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I save calories so that I can eat at night. I eat until I go to sleep. As long as I stay within my calories time doesn't matter. Best of luck to you.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I kind of reverse things and put in an evening snack, then work the rest of my day around what's left. It gives me that to look forward to and helps keep me from going over. It's easier than only having 60 calories left and trying to find something that will satisfy my evening desire to snack...plus it's usually enough calories to have a healthy snack or a little bit of a more decadent one!
  • losing1tdb
    losing1tdb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What helps me with hunger pains at night is to make sure I'm getting a good amount of protein in at dinner time & making sure I get plenty of water through out the day. Sometimes I just have to find a distraction from the hunger & sometimes I'll get ready for bed a little early (brush teeth) that way I won't want to eat anything else. Good luck! Theresa
  • s0burgess
    s0burgess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat a 100 calorie snack and drink lots and lots of water.