Most Embarrasing Gym Moment. . . .

Options
Still reeling from my grand finale this morning. .

My daughter and I had completed NROLFW, done some spinning and some elliptical - had a great work out for Monday morning. She decided we should try the pull up machine, the one that helps you out - set it at about 70 pounds and she jumped on. She was working pretty hard towards the end of a set of 10 and then it as my turn . . .

Mind you, I match her in weights for most things but she added 10 pounds for me just in case. I jumped on and, and immediately fell directly and most ungracefully, right to the floor!!!! I am still recovering some from shoulder surgery last fall and did not have the strength in my left arm to stop or even slow my descent, of course, my elbows were out and got caught on the foot rests! It was a very humiliating experience, shocked my entire system. . . . but may have helped my shoulder in the long run as I am having more range of motion in it than I have since therapy!!!

I managed to get up, back on the track from some cool down but I am guessing that anyone that had been in the vicinity will be talking about it today!!

Lets hear your embarrassing stories!

Replies

• dietcokeg
    dietcokeg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    o boy that sucks! i fell on the pull up machine a few years ago, developed a phobia towards it lol but now my trainer taught me how to use it correctly and now i love it!!
  • kelli543
    kelli543 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sports-bra strap snapped mid-very bouncy step class - was an H cup at the time, this was totally obvious to everyone! Simply had to give up and slink out, using the broken strap to try to hold up the dangling appendage that was trying to get free...
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    One time I picked up a bar that was resting on a preacher bench with 60lbs loaded on it. I figured that was light enough for me to pick up and carry and it was. The problem was that it didn't have the clips on the end and when turned all of the plates from one side went flying off of it and the weights crashed into the ground. Now I always check.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Let me preface this by saying I am a very clean, hygenic guy. But I was doing heavy deadlifts last week, for 5 reps, and passed wind twice.

Didn't stop though, and I'm not sure anyone noticed, but the weight was so heavy there was no time for embarassment until I finished.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i went to sit on an exercise ball andddd it rolled away just as i sat down... i went flying on my back. it was hilarious.
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. . . . I don't feel quite as bad (still embarrassed though)!
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    I'm surprised nobody else is posting here...

...Another time, I was slinging a 2.5 lb weight plate around my middle finger after retrieving it from the rack, and while making my way back to my bench to put it on, it flew up off my finger and hit the metal plate post dead on making a huge noise, then hit the side of a rack making more noise, before hitting the ground, the wall, and finally rolling around me in circles.

I wasn't being a idiot, wasn't slinging it fast, and I have no idea how it picked up so much momentum rofl
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Fell on my butt while doing barbell squats.. quads gave out.

Was in the zone blasting music in both ears and didn't realize that people were around me... then I farted.

tumblr_mk2vgfgkPU1r7okhqo1_400.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Back in the day of Olestra potato chips, I went to my collage gym and tooted while wearing my short shorts on an exercise bike... Needless to say, I had to wipe down that seat and my own far more than I would have liked.
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Mine was actually in the locker room. I had just finished a particularly challenging workout and was flexing in the mirror (thought it was empty) and doing a full on routine checking myself out. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a woman behind me just laughing her *kitten* off. There was really nothing I could do to cover it up so I just left. Lucky it was a big gym I was attending at the time.
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was running late one day so I got ready in a total rush... it was the winter so I always put pants on over my shorts. Well, I forgot to put shorts on. I got to the gym and put all my stuff in my cubby, went to take my pants off -- I think you get the picture!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    OH what the heck... I was sitting on a wooden bench with the rest of our "team" in a locker room before a basketball game. One of the guys wanted a moment of silent prayer, so we obliged. Well, I was trying to "ease on out silently" as I could hold it no more and to my utter surprise, I dropped a fairly huge gas bomb. It rattled off the wooden bench, echoed off the steel lockers, ricocheted down the concrete floors and walls, and simultaneously filled the reverb tank in the shower room of which I was sitting next to on the bench.

I was embarrassed and apologized as it was during the moment of a lack of silent prayer. Most of guys smiled or laughed, but one fellow was extremely angry.

At least it did not smell...much. Whoda thunk it? Simply nerves before a game in a post college league.

We did win the game :laugh:
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I have not had an embarrassing GYM moment ... yet.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Parallel squats way back in the day. Clips failed, balance failed, gravity won. Oy, that was loud.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I fell asleep, and snored, in Yoga class. The missus laughed her *kitten* off.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Oh I love you all for sharing! I can't think of anything at this very moment to share - but goodness I had a fantastic giggle knowing I am not the ONLY one who embarrasses themselves in public :):):)
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    got stuck under the bar on bench press, sat there for a couple minutes with it on my chest, finally some guys noticed and rushed over to pull it off. Never bench heavy without a spotter now
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I was lifting with a male friend of mine for the first time. We were using the Smith machine and doing squats. I'd done my first set, we added weights for his set, then deloaded again for mine. I got one squat done and knew I had to pass gas. So I just stood there for a moment. He finally said, "Everything okay? You were able to easily squat that weight last time......" I whispered, "Hold on, I have to fart." He about died laughing. I managed another 2 squats and had to "pause" again. He said, "What? Again???" We cracked up. At least they were silent and fairly non-odorous.
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    got stuck under the bar on bench press, sat there for a couple minutes with it on my chest, finally some guys noticed and rushed over to pull it off. Never bench heavy without a spotter now

You have to master the Roll of Shame, my friend. I have it down to a science.
  • FrnkLft
    Options

You have to master the Roll of Shame, my friend. I have it down to a science.

Roll of Shame, rofl. Not a man alive who hasn't done that.
    Fell on my butt while doing barbell squats.. quads gave out.

Was in the zone blasting music in both ears and didn't realize that people were around me... then I farted.

tumblr_mk2vgfgkPU1r7okhqo1_400.gif

F**king whey... lol