13»

Replies

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »
    paris458 wrote: »
    Zedeff wrote: »
    Some of the verified entries are bona fide crap too.

I saw a verified entry last week of "Chinese Buffet, 1 plate" at 1000 calories. Yep, I bet that's 100% accurate.

so as long as I fit everything on one plate its only 1,000 calories? :)

Does it give you options for the size of the plate?

If you eat from someone else's plate, does it still count?

Ok, this killed me!!! LOL! Of course it doesn't count!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    This is why I generally just use www.calorieking.com to enter food- math and I do not get along and it's just easier for me to enter the exact number of grams on calorieking that I weigh for food; it will calculate the calories for me instead of me trying to find the 1 gram of it on MFP, which sometimes there isn't, and (hoping that it's right) and then multiplying the calorie amount for one gram by the number of grams that I'm using. It's just less steps.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I would pay for premium if the database was clean....

Me too! I was thinking that exact same thing when they came out with the "Premium" feature.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I started recently so i guess the database was already crap, but basically i still always check the nutrition facts when they're available as the database is wrong so often.
    What's so annoying is they are breaking pre existing entries. I found an entry I wanted to use yesterday but when I'd select the 1g unit and enter 130, it would switch it to 130 half cups in my diary and become this massive number of calories. Looking in the item, the gram measurements would be gone - only 0.5 cups and ounces. Then the item would self delete. Ugh. I guess I have to email support.

The other thing that irks me is the units on the verified items in general. It's almost like they're using some out the box functionality for liquid units of measurement - cups, oz, ml - completely useless for weighing solids in grams. The direction is obviously wrong and they need to fix that on the requirements level

• kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    ChrisM8971 wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    But a broiler is a whole/half chicken, isn't it? I'm just looking for breast.

It may be, not sure because I am from the UK and don't use that term. However the breast or thigh only entries all start "chicken broilers or fryers" just select the one you want from the list that comes up

Where I am, "broiler" chickens are ones that are commercially raised specifically to be sold to restaurants or for immediate consumption. There's generally more meat per piece, because the chickens aren't running around searching for food and losing mass. It's probably a certain breed, as the chickens are just bigger in general. There are also "village" chickens, which are the free range ones that roam around everywhere. There are a few different breeds that people have which are resistant to various diseases. They generally taste better, but there's less meat and it's tougher. There are also "layers", which are for eggs.

So a broiler or fryer would just be a chicken that is specifically raised for human consumption. Not sure if there are specific breeds that qualify for the USDA label for broiler/fryer, but I imagine it doesn't make much difference.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's time to go back to calorieking.com. The database was much better!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,515 Member
    Options
    I'm considering something similar, though I might continue tracking my weight here.