running friends...

Options

Replies

• LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've just bought a new pair of running shoes ('new' making it sound like I've had some before)!
  • Mrskatie
    Mrskatie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've just started running again in the last month (I have done it for years, but on-and-off), and I'm toying with the idea of adding some 5k or 10k to my goals.
    You can add me, we can ALL use encouragement.
  • Mrskatie
    Mrskatie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    !
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    I have ran about 20, 5ks, a half marathon and a marathon as part of a relay team, love to add running friends.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Runners are HORRID PEOPLE! I would never be friends with those cardio bunnies!!!

Just kiddin'. :laugh: Runner here. Lots of 5ks, first Half this past May, getting ready to train for my first Full.
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 marathons starting back about 15 years ago. My last one was 12 years ago. I have always run since then just not full marathons. They take quite a bit of training time which isn't feasible for me with a full time job and a child.

Still love running just have become slower. My goal is to improve my 5k time to under 27 min. (26:30 was my PR way back when)

Good luck on your upcoming races and reaching your goals.
  • mkshortall
    mkshortall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Everyone please add me as well! I love running and have completed a couple 5Ks, doing a Warrior Dash in August and then training for my first half marathon in October...
  • jensenta3
    jensenta3 Posts: 179
    Options
    Please add me! I have done 5k, 10k's and doing my first half in September.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I just ran a 5k last sat and I am planning a 10k in august. My goal is a half marathon. There is one here in chicago in september and I hope I'm ready. I try to run at least 2-3 times a week for about 45-60 min. I run about 11 min mile. Music really motivates me when I'm running. I LOVE it!!!! Anyone can add me!!
  • Vness813
    Vness813 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm training for a half in September! feel free to add me ;) Will do some 5K's etc. until then :happy:
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started running in September and so far have completed two 5K's and one 10K. I am registered for a 5K next month as well. My ultimate goal is to run a half marathon, but I'm not sure when yet.
  • photosarah
    photosarah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Training for my first half-marathon in September - feel free to add me!
  • runamandas
    runamandas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want to. I have been running for over 15 years with some time on and off for health problems. Right now I don't have any races planned because I am just coming back from a health problem that had me out for a few months(2-4). But running is my life!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of a runner haha...I run, but I'm super super super slow lol! I just did my first 10K on June 8th, and I think I just might attempt my first half at the end of October. I'm doing an all women's mud run on the 29th, but mostly I do 5ks, though I'll definitely be doing some 10ks as well. My goal for the year is to do 13 races for 2013 :) I've done 5, signed up for 2 more, and have plenty of options for the rest :)
    What races/distances do you have coming up? I'm running as part of my triathlons, but also planning on some 5-10k races as well.

I signed up for my first 5k at Disney in Feb 2014 but thinking about doing the 10K as well the very next day. there is a local neon run 5k in sept. that will be my very first race.

I'm crossing my fingers to run the Princess half at Disney!! But between the price of the race and travel I'm not sure that'll be an option :(
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of a runner haha...I run, but I'm super super super slow lol! I just did my first 10K on June 8th, and I think I just might attempt my first half at the end of October. I'm doing an all women's mud run on the 29th, but mostly I do 5ks, though I'll definitely be doing some 10ks as well. My goal for the year is to do 13 races for 2013 :) I've done 5, signed up for 2 more, and have plenty of options for the rest :)
    What races/distances do you have coming up? I'm running as part of my triathlons, but also planning on some 5-10k races as well.

I signed up for my first 5k at Disney in Feb 2014 but thinking about doing the 10K as well the very next day. there is a local neon run 5k in sept. that will be my very first race.

I'm crossing my fingers to run the Princess half at Disney!! But between the price of the race and travel I'm not sure that'll be an option :(

Is the Princess half at Disneyland or Disneyworld? I really want to do that or the Tinkerbell one, but since I already live in SoCal I can't justify flying to Florida when I can drive to Disneyland.
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    how do you all find out about these races? I want to do a 5K by November. I live in central florida
  • courtneymal17
    Options

Is the Princess half at Disneyland or Disneyworld? I really want to do that or the Tinkerbell one, but since I already live in SoCal I can't justify flying to Florida when I can drive to Disneyland.

Princess is at Disney World....you run from Epcot, to Magic Kingdom, down main street & through the castle and back to Epcot! It looks sooo amazing! I live in Michigan so getting to either place is pricey lol! I wish I lived near either park! I want to do pretty much every runDisney event lol! The Tinkerbell one would be sweet!!!
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    how do you all find out about these races? I want to do a 5K by November. I live in central florida

I'd kill to be in Central Fla! I'd do every runDisney race ever haha!

To answer your question, there are so so so many ways to find out about races. First, if you have a running store locally, they usually have some flyers for races. But there's tons and tons of websites. Active.com, runningintheusa.com and there's most likely a Florida type site. You can search 5k's in central Florida and you'll probably get tons of options. Disney also hosts several events, usually from oct-may. I know there's a couple at Disney in October and November.

Btw, if you're looking for a little bit longer one by April, there's a really fun 2 or 4 mile race on Daytona Beach the day before easter. I've done it for the last two years and it's one of my favorites :)
  • delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm a good add if you use Nike+ to track your runs..just add delvinvick
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Hello, runners!!

I completed my first half on Memorial Day Weekend and my last race was the Corporate Challenge (3.5miles) here in Buffalo. Not sure what's next, but I keep these feet churning in preparation for what's to come!