54 yr old female newbie looking for buddy

Options
2»

Replies

• micybermom
    micybermom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 51 and also from Michigan I started doing this a couple of months ago. I'm trying to keep with the calorie intake each day. Most days it is fine however, I find that when we go to a social function, all I can think about is all the yummy goodies that everyone else is eating and I am not. Does anyone else feel like that?
  • AnneSoCal
    AnneSoCal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 too! I live in the Los Angeles area and have just recently starting using MFP again. Calorie counting and Intermittent Fasting. One week in and down 3lbs! Feel free to add me!
  • lskrd
    lskrd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all replies. I need to learn how to navigate the "community". Apparently the world now knows my age and fertility status!
    Micybermom-hi fellow Michigander I have to try harder NOT to indulge :(
    Strive2belean-I am also hypo thyroid and even a registered dietician told me its very hard for those with (hypo) so shes saying there's a chance :))

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    lskrd wrote: »
    I am also hypothyroid and even a registered dietician told me its very hard for those with (hypo).

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and I lost weight more slowly than most MFPers. So be patient!

But I did it just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn. I followed the advice in the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    55 years old. Been at this for a while and will be here for a long time to come. Feel free to add me. :)