Day 1 - looking for support

Options
Leeloo74
Leeloo74 Posts: 361 Member
40 year old mom with 2 kids. I work in an office so not much activity there. Love junk food and need to change that habit.

Replies

• sheilar74
    sheilar74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me. Looking for friends to help motivate! Love love love mfp!
  • pauladner
    pauladner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Lee, if you walk 45 minutes a day, 5x a week, it will help you a lot. I used to walk during my lunch break.
    Almost everybody loves junk food... well I do too, but I decided to love me more.
  • DigitalAmelia
    DigitalAmelia Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hiya Leeloo,
    Feel free to send a friend request my way. I'm also a mom and I'm trying to shed post-baby weight. It can be tough with sitting all the time. I've done little things like print to the printer on the opposite end of the building so I have to walk there, walk on lunch breaks, and prepare delicious healthy filling meals in advance so I avoid the temptation of office junk food. I slashed starbucks (wasted calories!), was more selective about my team lunches, and I got a tracking device (fitbit). I call it my Lazyometer. :)
  • GatsbyMonroe
    GatsbyMonroe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am on day 6 and have not started the exercise yet...time to get moving! Add me if you like. :smile:
  • DC3417
    DC3417 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, this is my first day too, feeling motivated for now but know it wont last, so will need support too. :)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    pauladner wrote: »
    Almost everybody loves junk food... well I do too, but I decided to love me more.

This is such a great perspective! When I started on MFP four years ago, I decided there were two habits I really needed to change: eating sugary junk food at night while watching TV and reducing my too large portion sizes. With those two habits gone, maintenance has been pretty easy.

I look at it this way: I don't eat dog food because I'm not a dog. And I don't eat junk food, because I'm not junk.

Best wishes to you!

9566339.png
  • jcs170
    jcs170 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can relate - I am a 40+ sweets loving Mom as well. I sit in front of a computer all day. I need to get meals on track, my tush out of my chair and the sweets out of my mouth. Feel free to send me a friend request.