What a difference a month can make!

Options
MamaBirdBoss
MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
Six months ago, I just tipped over into overweight from having been a healthy weight all my life. There were a ton of reasons, as there always are. I wasn't happy with it, but I was so busy with other things that I didn't have much time to do things other than just be a bit more mindful of my food and walk a little more. That was enough to get me from 162 to bouncing between 145 and 150, but then I stalled out. I needed to find out where I was going wrong, so I joined MFP.

Discovered that I had a daily burn of barely 1700 calories, which as more-or-less what I was eating. I was shocked by how inactive I was. I'd been building strength for several months, but I decided it was time to really make a lifestyle change and replace the hobby that I dropped.

June 9th:
5t7cevj679d5.jpg

June 16th:
xk5how1dzr6j.jpg

July 5th:
q3nffb42wd8c.jpg

That's still fat, not abs. LOL. But I've come a long way. In terms of fitness, in January, I could barely walk 10,000 steps a day. Today, I ran 4.5 miles in intervals of :25 jogging and :55 walking, and I did it at a pace of 13:20 per mile.

Anyway, this is just the beginning for me. But there's been a big difference already. I can't wait for what the next month will bring!

Replies

• hanyboudy
    hanyboudy Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Well done. I almost stopped working out 4 months ago and lost muscles during this period. Now I will try to back and you really inspired me. Keep the good work
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can do it!

I haven't built much muscle with the deficit I'm running, but I've gotten a LOT stronger. And I think I've preserved it really well!

I didn't lose weight after baby #3. Like almost NOTHING. It was pretty pathetic. That's why I still have a faint stripe on my belly. My baby is 2. My stripe doesn't go away until my weight is gone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!