Calories in white rice

Options
mmghanna1
mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
I'm having trouble logging the calories in white rice. I ate 200g of cooked white rice (weighed on a scale). The database has entries for one cup of rice, but I'm unsure if one cup of cooked rice is 250g lke a normal cup, or something else. The package of raw rice I used says 100g is 350 calories, but I don't know if they mean 100g cooked or raw. If they mean cooked then I ate 700 calories of rice, which seems excessive. Help!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Usually the nutrition information will be for raw/uncooked. Just continue searching for a cooked entry that uses grams. Cups only measure volume, not weight.

Putting in cooked white rice gave me the official MFP entry, which you can change the serving size from 1 cup to 100 grams.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    - Find the USDA entry for cooked white rice
    - Click the drop down and select "100g"
    - Change the serving size to 2

200g of cooked white rice is 260 calories by the way.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I always weigh my rice before I eat it. The information on the package will be by weight for uncooked rice. Decide how many calories you want to eat and weigh out the appropriate amount of rice and then cook as directed.
  • mmghanna1
    mmghanna1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    - Find the USDA entry for cooked white rice
    - Click the drop down and select "100g"
    - Change the serving size to 2

200g of cooked white rice is 260 calories by the way.

Thank you so much! That worked perfectly. I spent ages trying to figure this out lol.

I always weigh my rice before I eat it. The information on the package will be by weight for uncooked rice. Decide how many calories you want to eat and weigh out the appropriate amount of rice and then cook as directed.

I see what you're saying but I was cooking rice for my family and so made a large amount, then just measured out my serve once cooked.