Eating back calories

When I go to gym I haven't been eating back what I burned off..is that bad? I just always thought it wasnt really important.

Replies

• R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    I never know what I truly burn(no hrm) so I do my best to never go over my calorie goal by more than +150. It seems to be working pretty okay for me for almost two months now. I don't ever feel tired, sick, achey, dizzy, sluggish, foggy, etc...if I do start feeling any of those I would reevaluate my situation though.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    That would depend on how many calories you are eating, and how much exercise you are doing. By not eating back calories you could be doing yourself a disservice in the long run. Generally the rule of thumb is to eat back 50% or so of the calories MFP says you've burned. The NEAT method MFP uses is designed for you to eat back your calories, but they do tend to overestimate the amount burned, hence only eating back 50%. That leaves you a little wiggle room for the estimates being off and any possible logging errors (like a slice of bread not being the exact serving size it states on the bag).
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    I eat back my calories during the weekend. I'm very disciplined during the week and make sure that after exercise that I have 400-700 calories a day stored for wiggle room for the weekend