Fresh start & need POSITIVE friends!

Options
Came back from a long vacation 5 lbs heavier & feeling like crap! Didn't even wait for Monday morning, started over tonight with a grueling workout & tons of water. Feeling better already!

I also deleted my old MFP account & am starting over fresh. I never talked to any of my old "friends" & my newsfeed had lots of negativity--no judgement, to each their own, but it's not exactly inspiring to me.

I'd really love to find some friends who are highly motivated, "glass half full" type of people!!! :)

"If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it." -Jonathan Winters

Replies

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey
  • Docfloyd
    Docfloyd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im looking for people who want to keep eachother accountable. Ask why i ate th3 burger instead of a salad. Why i skipped todays workout, and just keep me honest. And in turn i'll do the same. If thats something you'd be interested in i'd love to have you as a friend :)
  • bagpussfan
    bagpussfan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I am also restarting and need support, friends and encouragement. Any doing this app who have mobility issues? Thanks
  • Fitnessflexibility
    Fitnessflexibility Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I just started new last month here too. I'm trying to keep my friend list numbers low. To me it's about support not numbers. Add me if you want
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I just started new last month here too. I'm trying to keep my friend list numbers low. To me it's about support not numbers. Add me if you want

Yes! Exactly! : )

• GTRguy
    GTRguy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Everyone, please add me. I'm 45lbs lost so far and an get everyone feeling motivated! :)
  • emmarella84
    emmarella84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi i am also looking for motivation and someone to check in with. Was doing ok until last week when we had family visiting and i ate and drank everything! Too scared to step on the scales now!
  • SD1000
    SD1000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 180lbs I've done map before and had good results, but because I've had no support I flat line after 3-4wks of doing well
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm generally a pretty positive person and offer support when I can. This journey started for me about 5 months ago. Please feel free to add if you like.
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a "glass is half full" kinda gal .... feel free to add me .... I've gotten "slack" recently and am determined to get back to it.
  • mckenzieasimone
    mckenzieasimone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anyone live in LA?
  • jake1967
    jake1967 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and 226 lbs.Looking to drop 30 to begin with....and I will.:)
    We can all accomplish our goals with the proper mental outlook.
  • sandiloffler
    sandiloffler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find that when I track my fitness and eating habits, I do sooooo much better. I've been using mfp for a few years off and on. Trying to get back into it. Good for you getting back into it!!
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi! I post every day, and like to post about new recipes that are helping me out. Add me if you wish.
  • ManyouknowIsurecantstay
    ManyouknowIsurecantstay Posts: 862 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hey, I joined the site a couple of days ago, and am in the same position. Feel free to add me ☮
  • JustChristy79
    Options
    Yay! Thanks, everyone! :)
  • haylierae14
    haylierae14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also looking for positive support! Feel free to add me :)
  • JustChristy79
    Options
    Yay! Finally meeting the right kind of people on here! Awesome people! Motivating people!

Let's do this! B)
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! I am 10lbs down, 24-30-ish to go, back on here for round 2 (explanation in profile) and taking no prisoners :) . Aiming to be active every day (with a couple of possible travel-related blips over the next week and a half if I can't get wifi).
  • Adivaforlife
    Adivaforlife Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for positive people for motivation, fitness tips & to share recipes!! Please feel free to add me :-)