Giving up Alcohol

Options
13»

Replies

• Angela26point2finisher
    Angela26point2finisher Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I decided to quit drinking for my health and to support my boyfriend's efforts to quit. June 8th was my 1st day without. Saying "no, I quit drinking for a while" has been really easy and no one has pressured me to have a drink. One month in and I'm feeling very empowered :)
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I just decided this weekend to give it up for a while, at least until I see some progress. I definitely feel better when I'm not drinking, but it is a real struggle to forgo that nightly glass of wine at the end of a stressful day. I need to find something healthy to replace it with.
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any wine since I started clean eating/working out again last week, and I don't really miss it so much as find myself looking for it at the end of the day out of habit. I'll probably still have the occasional glass of red here and there, but nowhere near as much as I used to.
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Nice to find this post. Hubby and I agreed last week to go dry on the weekdays and limit to 1 drink each on Saturday and Sunday. It should be much easier to stay within my calories this way!
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot less but I log it. I think the biggest problem with alcohol (besides empty calories) is that drinking doesn't help with making bad food choices.
  • AlphaLung
    AlphaLung Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I gave it up - and it has really helped!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I gave up drinking only because people have scared the bejesus out of me about the empty calories. I never was much of a drinker, but I did enjoy the occasional cocktail. I have had maybe two drinks in the last 5 months since I started my program. I miss it, but when I think of the consequences, I don't do it.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Dry July? Why? Oh, why? I think i would die. And my taste buds would cry. I'm not even going to try.
  • melanie899
    melanie899 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I gave it up a couple months ago. Once 2 medical professionals confirmed that 1 glass of alcohol stalls weight loss for 3 days...that's all I needed to hear. My weight loss is more important to me than a glass of wine (or two...or three...lol)
  • nishatay
    nishatay Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I keep saying I'm going to give up liquor but then I relapse. So I'm going to start exercising more and figure out a way to work it into my calories.