5"9, 21 years old, 197 lbs - looking for friends along my journey

Options
Hello,

I'm looking for people to befriend who are trying to lose a significant amount of weight (in my case - 39 lbs). It's always more pleasurable to know of others who are going through the same lifestyle change and being able to swap ideas for food & exercise and share stories.

I started at 204.2 lbs which is borderline obese. I decided that I needed a lifestyle change. Losing weight isn't my only goal. I want to be healthier. This is my 50th day on myfitnesspal. Upon starting, I decided I would do more exercise, lower my portions, sleep a decent amount and eat healthier and that's how I would accomplish my goal of getting back down to the normal weight range. And so my journey started. However much I'd love to shed my extra body fat quickly, I'd rather do this right and see it drop progressively through a year or through months. I lowered my portions, I'm eating better, I do cardio 4-5 times a week for thirty minutes, I go to the gym to lift weights 3 times a week, I make sure I get 6-7 hours minimum each night, I go to work, see my friends and feel much better.

Even though I haven't lost much yet, I'm happy with my progress and it's less of a shock to my system to have my calorie intake progressively go down and my exercise progressively go up. I'm trying my best to be fitter, using the motto that something is better than nothing, however small that something might seem,...whether it be walking up the stairs instead of using the elevator or doing 10 push-ups or so here and there through out the day...it's not much but it's time I'm not using to watch T.V or browse the web.

I hope you are fairing well on your weight-loss journey as well. :smile:

Add me if you want!

Replies

• ManyouknowIsurecantstay
    Options
    Sent you a request :)
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    While our goals are not the same, I'm 5'9"/23/128lbs! I like to post recipe ideas and discuss training for girls our age and height. Add me if you'd like, but if not, I understand you're looking for someone closer to your range :) Good luck!!
  • mommawannalose30
    mommawannalose30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im looking to lose 20lbs... Ill send you a request. Im 5'4'' , 22, 180lbs. Want to get down to 160lbs...atleast!