Crazy Canucks June 16

Options
Thought I would post the thread to get people going.
Weigh in today was SUPER good!! 133.8lbs. loss of 1.3 pounds from last week. I'm sooooo happy!!!

I bought a bunch of fresh food at costco on Sunday and now I'm trying new things out. I bought some hummas with red bell pepper in it. wow its good!!! the thought of chick peas doesnt really attract me to it, but man it was good. I'll keep eating that for sure!!

Anyone try anything new this week??

Good luck Canadians!!!!
Go Canada Go!!!

Replies

• Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of hummus, but you have to be careful because some types have quite a bit more fat than others. I haven't tried anything new this week, but I bought some quinoa flakes and I am thinking of trying them out soon but I don't know what to do with them.
  • lauribear
    lauribear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I don't post too much on the forums, but I am also having a great week. In this month's issue of Glow magazine, there is an article called "The Clever Way to Cleanse". It's a 3-day menu plan that is focused around whole foods. I usually eat pretty healthy, but it sounded yummy, so I thought I would give it a try and WOW! I feel great and I know I am going to have a good loss this week.

If you are looking for some new ideas for what to eat, check it out. It's in the summer 2010 issue.

Also, I am enjoying the local BC strawberries this week! We have about a 2-3 week window for when they are available. I am stocking up now for the year! LOL!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jay,

I know I am slack..lol!! I did manage to lose 2 pounds but at the Doctor's it has me down 4 but I will gauge it with home..Hope everyone had a good week. Go Canada Go!!!
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I wish my weigh-in was as good as everyone elses... I'm up 0.5lbs, not too bad but I was hoping to see a bit more of a loss.

I've been making lots of new meals - with lots of veggies the last week which is totally new for me. Guess the couple of treats of chocolate did it to me! :blushing:

My BIL & SIL are coming out tomorrow and will be here all weekend - hopefully I want steer to far off course. :ohwell:
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    I wish my weigh-in was as good as everyone elses... I'm up 0.5lbs, not too bad but I was hoping to see a bit more of a loss.

I've been making lots of new meals - with lots of veggies the last week which is totally new for me. Guess the couple of treats of chocolate did it to me! :blushing:

My BIL & SIL are coming out tomorrow and will be here all weekend - hopefully I want steer to far off course. :ohwell:

You can have treats Tash, just dont overindulge. Proud of you for all the veggies you are eating!!! Thats a great step! Stay focussed this weekend!! Good luck!:bigsmile:
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Thanks Jay,

I know I am slack..lol!! I did manage to lose 2 pounds but at the Doctor's it has me down 4 but I will gauge it with home..Hope everyone had a good week. Go Canada Go!!!

Wow! 2 pounds is a great loss!! Great Job Cyndi!!:flowerforyou:
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Good week for me. Down 5.6 lbs. I do worry that I am losing too much too fast, but am eating most of my calories including the exercise ones. I am hoping that my typically over-indulged and lazy body has just gone into shock. I feel good, go will keep up with what I am doing for now. If it does not slow down over the next couple of weeks i will have to rethink my intake and look at increasing my allottment.

I am in a Biggest Loser Competition at work. So far in second place after 4th week. That competition is actually what got me motivated to really start to think about and change my eating and exercise habits. The only downside is, if I am losing too much too fast, my competitive side is really not that interested in changing anything. :noway:

As for trying new things...everything is new. Exercising 60 min a day (even though it is just walking or Wii'ing)...that's new. Eating yoghurt every day (I don't much care for yoghurt)...that is new. Eating fruit instead of chips...that is new. Resisting cravings...that's really new.

My question is...Does this really become a way of life at some point?..because to be honest I am finding it not so easy some times.
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone is having great results. I am still at 138 lb but I am totally ok with that as it is steady and not increasing.

Go Canucks!!!:bigsmile:
  • Jay_83
    Options
    Good week for me. Down 5.6 lbs. I do worry that I am losing too much too fast, but am eating most of my calories including the exercise ones. I am hoping that my typically over-indulged and lazy body has just gone into shock. I feel good, go will keep up with what I am doing for now. If it does not slow down over the next couple of weeks i will have to rethink my intake and look at increasing my allottment.

I am in a Biggest Loser Competition at work. So far in second place after 4th week. That competition is actually what got me motivated to really start to think about and change my eating and exercise habits. The only downside is, if I am losing too much too fast, my competitive side is really not that interested in changing anything. :noway:

As for trying new things...everything is new. Exercising 60 min a day (even though it is just walking or Wii'ing)...that's new. Eating yoghurt every day (I don't much care for yoghurt)...that is new. Eating fruit instead of chips...that is new. Resisting cravings...that's really new.

My question is...Does this really become a way of life at some point?..because to be honest I am finding it not so easy some times.

Wow! 5.6 pounds is awesome!!:flowerforyou: I remember when I started this journey, I lost 10 pounds really fast to begin with. I was a little worried. But it slowed down, I dont think you have anything to worry about.
    And yes, it eventually becomes a way of life if you stick with it. I started in Jan of '09 and am very used to the kind of foods we eat now. it has become habit to have a protein, veggies and a salad at every supper. seems normal now. you'll get there, just stick with it!! Good luck!:bigsmile:
  • Jay_83
    Options
    I would just like to add that I am extremely proud of myself today, no snacking between breakfast and lunch!!!:bigsmile: yippy!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: