• Jea_Boho
    Jea_Boho Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good luck! :)
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Best wishes ... I am a bit over the hill but ... I want to get back in the best shape I can.
  • kwoolfwpfd
    kwoolfwpfd Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That was so awesome to read. Definitely will support you help you achieve your goals! Keep up the hard work and remember to have fun along your journey!
  • wubstylene30
    wubstylene30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anne,
    Wow! What an inspiring post! I just want to say that you and I are quite alike. I too was chubbier as a child and I lost a ton of weight as I became anorexic... However I gained it all back and struggled with binge tendencies. However, I've always had an intense desire to become a model and particularly a fitness model. I've set out on a journey myself- flexible dieting, starting strength training.. I even have a personal trainer who competed as a fitness model. I'd love to be friends on here and talk :) all the best!
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals :) you can do it!!
  • annegislaine
    annegislaine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I read your post, firstly because I have a friend who just won her first fitness bikini competition so I am learning about that world as I plan to support her as much as possible. However, it was another aspect of your story that really spoke to me. Going for your goals! That is what I am doing. I started this year with a decision to get fit so that I could be a better fencer. I joined a gym full of the most amazing trainers and like minded people (one of them is the fitness model) who have got me beyond anything I could comprehend at the start of the year and helped me believe that anything is possible. In 6 months I have lost half of the weight I need to, to get to my goal; lost more cm than I know and excelled in the provincial aspect of my chosen sport, fencing. I still have a long road ahead as I want to make my mark on the national fencing program and I still have about 15 kg to loose. Every day that I stop and look at what I achieved I am amazed that the unfit fat girl was able to do that! The big thing in my life was deciding I was going to work for the dream. I will be following as you work for yours and cheering on when you get there!!

That is such an inspiring story :) I'm sure you will be able to lose those 15 kg and get to where you want to go!! I'm glad we're now friends on here so that we can cheer each other on along the way :) I agree with you, deciding to go for your dream is a life changer! I mean, I've always started diets but never really had a goal other than 'to lose weight'. Actually having a plan in which the weight loss fits in makes such a difference! I will be following you too and good luck!!
  • annegislaine
    Options
    hey im 5'5" and 158 and ive never been extremely obese and for that im lucky but i can relate. ive never felt like me in my body. im approaching a year now on my journey and ive only lost about 25 pounds, but im determined to get to where i want to be :). its a slow process but one day i will achieve it. still trying to find a diet and fitness regime i can take thoughout my life because im interested in the long term.
    Well done on the 25 pounds! It may not seem much to you, but to me, that's so good already. You sound really determined, so I know you will get to where you want to be!
  • annegislaine
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    You can do this! You are already extraordinary, you just have not realized it yet. I believe in you:)
    Aww thank you! Your comment really made me smile :)

• annegislaine
    Options
    Jea_Boho wrote: »
    Good luck! :)
    Thank you! How's your journey getting along?
  • annegislaine
    Options
    Best wishes ... I am a bit over the hill but ... I want to get back in the best shape I can.
    That's an awesome goal! Good luck!!
  • annegislaine
    Options
    kwoolfwpfd wrote: »
    That was so awesome to read. Definitely will support you help you achieve your goals! Keep up the hard work and remember to have fun along your journey!
    Thank you so much! Ah the fun part of the journey... that's an interesting one! ;) Well, to be honest, I used to hate running. But as time goes on I'm starting to enjoy it. I'mthrilled that I now have an 'autopilot' when it comes to running, where all of a sudden I realise I'm nearly home. It's amazing. And who knows, maybe at one point running will be fun!
  • annegislaine
    Options
    Anne,
    Wow! What an inspiring post! I just want to say that you and I are quite alike. I too was chubbier as a child and I lost a ton of weight as I became anorexic... However I gained it all back and struggled with binge tendencies. However, I've always had an intense desire to become a model and particularly a fitness model. I've set out on a journey myself- flexible dieting, starting strength training.. I even have a personal trainer who competed as a fitness model. I'd love to be friends on here and talk :) all the best!
    Thank you for that amazing comment! Sorry to hear you had to deal with anorexia :( It's such a horrible disorder. I struggle(d??) with binge eating disorder, so I know how out of control you can feel when it comes down to food and how powerless you feel when you deal with an eating disorder. But the thing I see in both of us is determination. Regardless of our past, we haven't given up. We keep going and we are working towards our goals. I would love to be friends too and cheer each other on! Once again thank you so much for sharing your story and connecting with me :)

• annegislaine
    Options
    Good luck with your goals :) you can do it!!
    Thank you for the encouragement!! :D
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly your height, BTW. I started at 162. 137 now. Dropping 12 more aggressively, then going to a much lower deficit and concentrating on building muscle and getting lean. I have no plans to do competitive bikini bodybuilding or that level of fitness modeling, but I'd like to be...off-season, I guess. LOL.

I used to be that fit. I have NO idea how long it will take. I've never been this out of shape before.
    Well done on the weight loss so far, that's amazing! I would love to stay updated on your journey. Well who knows, maybe once you get really confident you'll give it a go! How long have you been on this journey? At least you started, so yes it will take time to get there, but you're making progress!

I was really, really out of shape. I lost only 15lbs from Sept/Oct through May. Then the next 10 in a month. It's slowing down now, and that's fine. I think I'm retaining a lot of water from my heavy exercise. My calves, for instance, shrunk half an inch...then "gained" that half inch overnight again, though they look quite different already!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options

That is such an inspiring story :) I'm sure you will be able to lose those 15 kg and get to where you want to go!! I'm glad we're now friends on here so that we can cheer each other on along the way :) I agree with you, deciding to go for your dream is a life changer! I mean, I've always started diets but never really had a goal other than 'to lose weight'. Actually having a plan in which the weight loss fits in makes such a difference! I will be following you too and good luck!!

We've totally got this!! Don't forget to have fun on the journey...
  • crubio360
    crubio360 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous and I am so excited for you to start this journey! Keep us posted! It will not happen overnight but it will happen if you give it 110% and you will always have friends here to turn to!
  • annegislaine
    Options
    crubio360 wrote: »
    You are gorgeous and I am so excited for you to start this journey! Keep us posted! It will not happen overnight but it will happen if you give it 110% and you will always have friends here to turn to!
    Aw thank you, you are really kind! I am so excited too! Big update coming on Monday, as I will do every week from now on :) And you are right, I am so thankful for all the amazing people on here I've met so far!