I'm losing my motivation and need help

Options
just wanted to start things off with the note that I am not overweight, or at all in an unhealthy state.

I will be though, if I continue this lifestyle.

When I first joined MFP - I was 114lbs. I worked out a lot and was very motivated. I got myself and Fitbit (which I still wear) and became food conscious. I was happy to say the least.

Then I decided to sign up for college. During my year off, I worked at this horrible place where this very thin, and attractive receptionist would constantly put me down on my work. I started to become self conscious with everything and went back to my good old friend, food.

College came around and it just spiralled from there. I stopped working out, ate horribly but I figured - during my summer break I'll be ok.

well, here we are today, I'm working full time (85-90 hours biweekly) and I'm at 125lb. My heaviest. I'm only 4'11 so the weight gain is very noticeable and I'm getting worried that in the next 2 years or school, I will be at an unhealthy weight.

I need some help. I'm tired of feeling this way and I will hate myself if I get worst. Any suggestions on what helped you guys at your lowest point?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Get some friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users and do Fitbit challenges. They're great motivation—and fun.

Find non-food ways to make yourself feel better. I keep a mental list—everything from watching guilty pleasure TV to getting a massage. If what you're feeling isn't hunger, then food won't make you feel any better.
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Most colleges have nice grounds for walking. Find some people at the college with similar goals. Walking with friends will make it feel less like "exercise" and they can provide you with positive encouragement. Just remember to provide the same for them.
  • yorkshiregirl67
    yorkshiregirl67 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Make some new habits. I change my meal at lunchtime for yogurt and fruit, have an apple later on if I am hungry. I started to exercise 10 minutes a day 5 times a week. Just forming new habits, I knew if I tried to diet or make myself exercise an hour a day I would not do it. So this small habits are now becoming bigger habits. Went cycling this week-end going to exercise 15 minutes in a morning and 15 minutes in an evening. Little things are better than nothing at all. When you have a bad day move on don't worry it happened. Get some friends on here and I started a blog on here that my friends read, that keeps me motivated. Good luck.