Beginners workout

Options
I had a baby 3 months ago, and I've finally gotten the clear to work out. I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any good tips or programs they use to work out to? I don't have access to equipment...just a few weights and a resistance band..any ideas would be greatly appreciated..

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out Youtube - in the last couple of years it's exploded with workout videos. A channel with a lot of good variety is Jessica Smith, also Fitness Blender is a really popular channel with tons of videos. A nice easy way to start out in your living room :)

But do you have any specific fitness goals? These vids will help you get in better shape for sure, but maybe you're looking to lift heavy weights or..?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    The 30 day Shred, it's great, it works, it's hard...but it's worth it!
  • jb8tesxx
    jb8tesxx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've got Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred and its really good so far, manageable, I choose it because I just had a baby too. :smiley:
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    jb8tesxx wrote: »
    I've got Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred and its really good so far, manageable, I choose it because I just had a baby too. :smiley:

This. I did the beginner shred one time through and loved it! I still do the workouts just not as a 30 day plan. I choose one (sometimes two) of the three to do when I don't run or do another workout. I have the 30 day shred as well the I plan on doing it sometime in the near future. Right now I am doing the 21 Day Fix workouts with a friend and I love them as well. I was surprised at how sore they made me even after doing 30 Day Beginner Shred.
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    If you want something fun try Turbo Jam! It's fun, great music, you will enjoy working out to it. I started there and moved to Jillian Michaels. Amazon has a bunch of turbo jam video and Chalene Johnson is really good at motivating you.