Gained it back, now to lose again

hisbeautifulangel
hisbeautifulangel Posts: 91 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
So I was very active on here. I had lost 52 lbs and then i stopped counting calories and working out and gained almost all the weight back. So now I'm back at it and on a mission to lose it again. I told myself while I lost the 52 lbs that I would NEVER gain the weight back and NEVER let myself get big again. And I did gain it back. I learned there are setbacks. There are failures. But I have learned that you can bounce back and get back on the horse. I'm taking this day by day. I know I can do this again. This morning I found I lost 3 lbs. Granted it's mostly water weight right now, but I'm headed in the right direction. :)

Replies

• Liverpool38
    Liverpool38 Posts: 13 Member
    I have been the same , Good luck I am 3 weeks back in!!!
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Congrats to not giving in to failure and to getting right back to it! We lost it once, we CAN lose it again!
  • Liverpool38
    Liverpool38 Posts: 13 Member
    True, it was so frustrating that I know I can do it!!! I lost 40 and put back 30 ish!! So 3 weeks in a long time to go lol
  • hisbeautifulangel
    That's kinda close to me. I lost 52 lbs and gained back 41. It's so depressing and frustrating. But once I see the scale going down further I'll be happy lol and this time I am determined to NOT gain the weight back again.
  • Edjeep
    Edjeep Posts: 65 Member
    Been there, done that. I lost 40+ gained it back plus a few and am now down 27 after starting again.
  • Bigjoedan
    Bigjoedan Posts: 2 Member
    I was down 130 and gained back 50. I'm learning how disciplined I need to be with my choices to make this work and be a regular part of my life. Skills that I did not learn when I was younger. Keep it up, you can do it!
  • LoveGray
    LoveGray Posts: 6 Member
    Hello. I am in the same boat. Was very active on here, exercised and ate right for a little over a year. Lost 42 pounds then for some reason just stopped. I am now starting over. I too know what to do and how to do it. I really want to do this again and not quit.
  • LoveGray
    LoveGray Posts: 6 Member
    PS gained it all back.
  • JenH106
    JenH106 Posts: 7 Member
    Me too!! On here all the time, watched my diet did my exercise and was down 40 or so. Stopped logging in because I was happy with where I was at and slowly over two years gained it all back and then some. Losing it all again for good this time!!! Anyone feel free to add me!!
  • hisbeautifulangel
    Bigjoedan wrote: »
    I was down 130 and gained back 50. I'm learning how disciplined I need to be with my choices to make this work and be a regular part of my life. Skills that I did not learn when I was younger. Keep it up, you can do it!

I am learning new skills I was never taught as well. And I've learned that I can't just lose the weight and stop doing everything I had been doing up to that point and expect the weight to stay off. It's something I'm going to have to keep on and maintain even when I have hit my goal.
  • hisbeautifulangel
    LoveGray wrote: »
    Hello. I am in the same boat. Was very active on here, exercised and ate right for a little over a year. Lost 42 pounds then for some reason just stopped. I am now starting over. I too know what to do and how to do it. I really want to do this again and not quit.

I hope I don't quit. I mean, I know I can do it. I've done it once already. But it's like this fear/thought in the back of my head that's like "well what if I CAN'T do this again?" Kwim?
  • hisbeautifulangel
    JenH106 wrote: »
    Me too!! On here all the time, watched my diet did my exercise and was down 40 or so. Stopped logging in because I was happy with where I was at and slowly over two years gained it all back and then some. Losing it all again for good this time!!! Anyone feel free to add me!!

I'll add you :) I gained most my weight back in a matter of 6 months. I was horrified!!