Treadmill or Elliptical?

Options
I was just wondering which burns more calories Treadmill or Elliptical? And wondering if the calorie thats being burn is accurate? thanks

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Different for different people. I burn more on the elliptical because it's easier on my knees so I don't have to be a baby about it. Some people are fast runners and would do better on the treadmill. And NO the calories are not accurate without a heart rate monitor. I used to do 80% of machine calories, now I log 50% of MFP default calories.
  • nicnoahshaun
    nicnoahshaun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Both Treadmill and Elliptical can read my heart rate. I'm not sure if thats what you mean. And when you log on to MFP 50% are you meaning if you burn 600 cal you only log onto MFP 300 cal? Sorry I'm a little slow. lol : )
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I like an elliptical

It is easier to do HIIT in an elliptical for me
  • MissKrueger
    MissKrueger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the rare ones that actually has crazy knee pain from using the elliptical. I'd much rather be on the treadmill for an hour. I don't have throbbing awful pain later in the day from it.

Calorie wise, it really depends on your workout and how you choose to use the machines.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Both Treadmill and Elliptical can read my heart rate. I'm not sure if thats what you mean. And when you log on to MFP 50% are you meaning if you burn 600 cal you only log onto MFP 300 cal? Sorry I'm a little slow. lol : )

I meant a thing you wear around your chest that tracks your heart rate constantly. So, generally if I did 30 min the elliptical machine would tell me @300 calories and I would log @225. MFP would probably tell me 550 calories for the same thing and I would still log 225 :) MFP numbers are crazy unless you are either super obese and out of shape or super fit and going **** to the wall the whole time.