Fast food places other than Subway?

Options
Hey everyone I eat out a lot. and normally I eat the same thing 3-4x a week twice a day which after inputting into my daily nutrition plan allows me to achieve my goals (foot long oven roasted chicken on Italian with Swiss cheese low sodium veggies only with oil and vinegar and pepper as shaker) I'm not burnt out yet but am going to be.

Has anyone else found a fast food place with meal specifications that keep them on track? Just curious to hear someone else who may have a "standard" meal like I do to meet my goals.

Also I'm 27, 6'3 180 lb's. I'm lean with decent muscle, my lower abs are there but unfortunately have become covered with a bit of fat over the past 2 years.

Any thoughts or suggestions for other meals really helps.

Best,
Cameron

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I really avoid fast food as much as possible and am not suggesting this is healthy, but Taco Bell has a lowish-calorie Chicken Soft taco. McNuggets (without the fries and sauces and shakes) aren't too bad for calories. I think a 6 piece is less than 300.

They all have their nutrition info online.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Im not a fast food expert but as someone who lives on a budget -___- to be honest my to go places are either mcdonald's; i usually order 2 snack wrap w/ grilled chicken that is less than 500 cald for both ( i eat one with ranch and one without it) or wendys i sooooo love their chilli, is so good and filling, a small chilli is only 180 cals or so,

When i go to fast food places i eat pretty much what i want but where i "save" calories is that i eat my main meal and dont buy any side like fries or soda, just plain wataaaa'

P.ssss yeah and getting a salad for me at a fast food location is a no no , i leave that for home ,no matter how good they are..
  • intruhvurt
    intruhvurt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat at Panera for lunch - all their nutrition info is online.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 30# eating at Boston Market at least once a week. Not sure if there are any in your area, but I would get the chicken market bowl; chicken breast (i doubled up), mashed potatoes, and green beans. You can make any combination you want with the sides they offer. They're about 500 calories with a decent macro breakdown.

Also, Charley's Grilled Subs. I'd get a regular sized cheesesteak for about 525 calories.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I really like chic-fil-a grilled chicken nuggets and fruit cup. I also love panera.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is great. Make good food choices & eat half. Their website has a macro/calorie counter so you can put EXACTLY what you got into a new entry in the diary here on MFP... pretty nifty. I also like In N Out 'cause I can do protein style (I'm doing low carb, high fat so no buns!) or Wendy's if I *have* to 'cause their chili isn't too bad - lowish calorie and pretty filling (also cheap).
  • adnerbharley
    adnerbharley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Del taco has a new chicken fresco taco on corn tortillas on their dollar menu and I add a slice of avocado to each. Also I love Wendy's salads and if you have el pollo loco they have great chicken tacos and salads, again I like to order a side of avocados for the tacos and extra pico.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Del Taco regular beef hard shell tacos are only 120cals... and they are also only .59 cents. If you want to go vegetarian, Bakers Drive Thru has Veggie Hard Shell tacos for 160cals.

You can Google the menus of the places you wan to go and you should be able to find the nutrition info.
    That's how I figured out the info I just gave you. My family wanted to visit those to places recently and I wanted to join them while still staying w/in my calories.

If you like fries check out the calories of those too... I didn't have any but I remember that Bakers' fries were a lot less calories than I thought! In fact some of the food I thought would be good for you wasn't... so don't be afraid to look at everything, even if you think there is no way it will fit!
  • E_Goldfish
    E_Goldfish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    McD's Sweet Chili Chicken wrap isn't horrible as far as calories go. Also Chipole's burrito bowls aren't bad either. You just have to skip the chips. That's the hard part for me.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I frequent Wahoos and Rubios several times a week, both have very satisfying and filling salads. El Pollo Loco has a great under 500 calorie menu and Ive had several of the items. The 99 cent side salad at McDs' (add Jalepenos) is a great snack. Even In and Out if you only eat half or less of the fries and drink tea is not too bad. I get extra lettuce and tomato and its a side salad. LOL

(oops made a typo)
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I lost almost 30# eating at Boston Market at least once a week. Not sure if there are any in your area, but I would get the chicken market bowl; chicken breast (i doubled up), mashed potatoes, and green beans. You can make any combination you want with the sides they offer. They're about 500 calories with a decent macro breakdown.

Also, Charley's Grilled Subs. I'd get a regular sized cheesesteak for about 525 calories.

http://www.bostonmarket.com/pdfs/healthyWebMenuFull.pdf

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Panera - they just took my favorite thing off the menu though. Last time I had some chicken quinoa salad that was quite good though. Might be my new go-to meal.
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is great with the flexibility you can have and their nutrition calculator on their site is a useful tool as well. Taco bell's fresco menu is another good one.
  • aureus8
    aureus8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have an underweight super active kid and go to burger king for high calorie food for him sometimes. I'll pick up their grilled chicken apple cranberry salad for me though. I like it a lot and it's pretty low cal if you pick the right dressing.
  • rmitchell239
    rmitchell239 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds asian grilled chicken salad with italian dressing--310 calories ( I hate the sesame it comes with and is 30 calories more). Fruit parfait from there is about 140 calories, its likely loaded with sugar. Chik fil a chicken with buffalo sauce is surprising low calorie (they use peanut oil) then hit it up with a fruit cup. Bojangles grilled chicken sandwich sans mayo (it has butter on the bread isnt that enough?). I like wendys for chili. Mcalisters turkey sandwich with their veggie soup is yum.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Chipotle! You can get a bowl for around 400 calories (depending on what you put in it).
  • CameronJohnny
    CameronJohnny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome this is great stuff thank you guys for all the replies!!! Love Chipotle salad bowls that will be a great mix-up. Unfortunately, Vegas area doesn't have any Boston Market's - huge bummer love that place. We do have Panera though and that is also great choice.

I'm a bit paranoid of places like McDonald's/Del Taco/Taco Bell, etc. but to be honest I think it's mostly from that documentary "Super Size" me coming out in 04 scaring me away from the golden arches and burger king and all those joints. However, it might just be the selection of the items from those places, i.e. - if McDonald's Asian grilled chicken salad is working for you I might give it a try!

- thanks again everyone, this really helps me create some diversity in my meal plans!

Best,
    Cameron
  • DietitianWriter
    DietitianWriter Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Starbucks actually offers several great healthful and tasty options...all with nutritional info included. Here are a couple of our favorite combos:

Chicken & Hummus Bistro Box (hummus, grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and pita bread) plus a banana; 380 calories, 7g fat (1.2g saturated)

Zesty Chicken & Black Bean Salad Bowl (grilled chicken, black beans, roasted corn, jicama, tomatoes, feta, greens, and quinoa with chile vinaigrette) plus Seasonal Harvest Fruit Blend; 450 calories, 15g fat (2.5g saturated)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Chic fil a

Lots of salad and sammich options, fruit cups too.

Splenda sweetened lemonade!

Grilled chicken cool wrap is yummy low calorie
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Chipotle tacos are very reasonable depending on what you have put in them. Moe's tacos - same deal.

BBQ places are good too if you get the chicken or turkey and are careful about your sides. I love Dickey's.