reversing Type 2 Diabetes

I know posters are not necessarily doctors, but I am not really looking for medical advice that may harm someone. I would just like to hear from people who are now in remission and find out how they did it. I am limiting myself now, to 60 carbs a day, whether I work out or not.

Replies

• NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    A well-balanced diet, moderate exercise and losing 30% of my body weight has resulted in my A1C going from 6.5 to 5.5. Exercise affects my blood glucose far more/better than eating lower carbs. You will have to just do some experimenting to find what lowers and stabilizes your glucose the best. Losing weight (unless you are already at a healthy weight) will likely make the most difference.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    I am not diabetic but I know some who have added fat and lots of low calorie vegetables after they reduced the carbs. Good luck to you. :)
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Thank you for your input. I am currently at a 7.0 A1C and I am working on lowering that about 2.5 to 3 points.
    I have been eating lo carb for 3 days now, and just like what happened when I was on Atkins, I have little to no appetite, so I try to make my choices high in protein, whole foods as much as possible, like my broccoli, carrots and onions. I have a boat-load of romaine lettuce for my salads and lemons to squeeze on them. I drink water at 32 bottles a week and I eat no bread. I have taken to eating my almond and peanut butters by themselves or on apples. I need to experiment a lot with different foods so I can get my full 1310 calories in at the end of the day. My sugars, sodium and carbs are awesome, but I go over on my fat requirement on some days.