Reset my alarm, found I’d reset my thinking…

Options
This morning, my alarm went off at 6:20 so I could wake my daughter to get ready for school. I got her up, climbed back into bed and reset my alarm for 6:45.

Around 6:23, I realized that I am committed to no longer being lazy and lethargic. I got up and did my dailyhiit workout.

One small step for me, one giant leap for a healthier lifestyle.

Replies

• welshryan
    welshryan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I reset my alarm too often, so I know what an accomplishment this is for you. Keep up the good work!
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    THANKS! I was pretty pumped about it!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    there is wisdom there... my ex brother in law was a "motto" saying kind of guy. He'd say.."fake it till you make it." . but really, i think of that saying when i try to improve myself. Simply going through the motions of behavior change- over time- turns into a true willingness to do new winning habit.

speaking of which.. i best go work out.
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    Options
    Also, MAD PROPS!! to everyone who got their burn in today! You all rock!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I've done something similar... I've become a morning person! *gasp* Who likes to work out early and get things done! *double gasp* :D
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I need to do this too! I bring my husband to work at 6am and usually go back to bed until I get up at 8 or sometimes 8:20 to get ready for work at 9. I have being lazy down to a science!

Today when I got back into bed, I had trouble falling back asleep! I eventually forced myself to sleep until I rolled out of bed around 8:15... like always. I totally should have gotten out of bed for good when I first had trouble sleeping! I think I will do this tomorrow!
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The cool thing about working out early is that you have it DONE. My hubby leaves for work a little before 6 AM. I wake up when he does, pull on my exercise clothes, pack his lunch, kiss him goodbye and head upstairs to my exercise room. I work out for an hour, then get ready for work. I never have the excuse of "I had a rough day today, I think I'll skip my workout." I've been working out before work for the past 4 years...so I guess it's a habit by now. Is it always easy? No. Do I sometimes want to skip it? Yes. Do I ever skip it? Hmmm...maybe 5 times in the past 4 years. How do I feel when I skip it? Terrible. Even if I don't want to work out, I'm never, ever sorry that I worked out rather than skipping it. But I'm always sorry if I skipped it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!