Logging calories burned with strength training

Hi people! I just stayed using this app and working out. I'm walking 3 miles every day and in the process of doing the 30 day squat and pushup challenges. Also work how ever many pushups I have to do, I am doing that many overhand and underhand standing row pullups. Today I did 2 sets of 100 squats and then 2 sets of 26 of the pushups, overhand and underhand pullups. When I log everything my diary tells me I've burned calories only with my 37 minute 3 mile walk. Am I logging the others wrong or does the app just not figure how many calories a person burns with other sorts of exercises?

Replies

• javvalenz
    javvalenz Posts: 2 Member
    Log them under the cardio option and look for strength and log them there, not very accurate to calculate the calories burned though
  • freyaKat25
    freyaKat25 Posts: 4 Member
    I figured it was just a rough estimate on what I've actually burned. It just makes me feel better to see that I did something. I'm not too concerned about calories. This is the first time I've ever done something like this and just trying to find things and ways to help keep me motivated.
  • freyaKat25
    freyaKat25 Posts: 4 Member
    I just tried to log them under cardio but when I entered it, they moved into strength
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I've used MFP's calorie estimates for a long time and lost weight successfully.

Out of all the problematic entries, the strength training one isn't one IMO. I used to get about 200 calories for an hour of strength training. To me, that was reasonable. I worked hard, I burned calories. 200 wasn't so high that it would kill my deficit if inflated and it was enough to give me a bit extra food.