Chubby most of my childhood, obese for half of a decade

jjrscott
jjrscott Posts: 16 Member
Basically, I've been eating junk food since I can remember. I have a salty/umami tooth, so I was always eating chips, cheetos, pizza, etc. Guzzling down soda with it. I think I'm around 220 (being nice) or 230 (being realistic). I'm choosing not to weigh myself through this, and will rely on the fit of clothes, and how I look and feel as my judge for now. The last time I stepped on a scale 6 months ago, I was 213, and I'm sure I've gained weight over the summer since then

I'm sick of looking at my fat face in the mirror, and I've gained a bunch of weight-- due to inactivity, eating more junk food and little to no regular food... Some of my family thinks I may be depressed, but in general, I'm trying to overhaul my eating habits.

I've been eating pretty good for the past two days, and I'm surprised at how far 1200 calories will go, consider I went all day with only eating one real meal of sustenance for 2 months (and sometimes, that would just be McDonalds, or something). I'm probably eating 3x more real food than usual, all while having a 1000 cal/day deficit. I've just replaced eating junk food all day with eating fruit and real food all day. My proteins haven't been a thousand percent healthy so far, but I'm not sweating it, because it's good for me. I've had chicken tenders from Foodlion, and sirloin from Golden Corral. It's fine, I think. I'm already hard on myself and prone to giving up at times, so I'm not going to try to come up with some diet that I know I can't stick to, so. Yeah. Probably won't be eating 3 meals of bland chicken breast and seasonless broccoli. Maybe one meal. Lol.

So far, I feel lighter. My bowel movements are actually working properly now that I'm getting fiber, lol. I feel like I may have been starving myself this whole time. Eating this way actually fixed my sleeping schedule (I'm used to going to bed at around 5 am, waking up at 3pm), but today I got up at 7:45 for breakfast. Pretty good, in my opinion.

I'm not in the position to be able to do exercises this week. I'm sedentary for now, but I'm moving close to a gym, and will start working out at least 3x a week, and keeping that up when I'm at school as well. Hopefully. By then, I think I'm going to up my intake to 1500 a day. Exercising 3x a week + walking around campus every day + the energy taken to focus on school should make up for the extra 300.

My only worry is that I'm not getting enough calories? I definitely want to lose two pounds a week at least, and the website says that I should be aiming for 1200-ish. Some websites say 300-500 cals a day, but again, I'm sedentary, and I have a lot of weight to lose. I get headaches throughout the day, and sometimes I'm not sure if it's because of hunger or because of a caffeine withdrawal, lol. I'm going to say caffeine.

Well wishes, please! XX