Running workout not a beginner

Options
ds6099
ds6099 Posts: 98 Member
I have about 30 minutes to workout daily. Any programs out there to maximize my calorie burn?

Replies

• ds6099
    Options
    Gonna bump this up...
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hiit?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just run...
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    insanity Max 30

after reading the title, i'm editing the post. Don't know of any 30 min run program.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jnoegrah wrote: »
    insanity Max 30

Or P90X3
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Run Hills. Big ones.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The workouts which will maximize your calorie burn are ones which use your whole body. That said, the best workouts of all are the ones you like because you'll keep doing them. Just get out there and run for 30 minutes. Or there are plenty of video workouts centered around a 30 minute session. Search Youtube.

I keep editing because the original post is confusing. LOL OP, are you specifically looking for a running program or any 30 minute workout? Running itself is one of the best calorie burners. Just do something different each day. Run hills, do speed intervals or just run.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Hilly trail running.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Running bleachers if you can run wherever.

Running intervals if you can't.
  • Justinelovezumba32
    Justinelovezumba32 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    HIIT
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    ds6099 wrote: »
    I have about 30 minutes to workout daily. Any programs out there to maximize my calorie burn?

I dont know about maximizing calorie burn, but I agree with bleachers, hill intervals and HIIT.

For me, however, I pick up an advanced running plan from Hal Higdon and book a race. It helps me push myself during my runs and I have something (other than calories) to measure my success against.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Check out pinterest. I've found tons of 30 minute interval running workouts that are awesome and help get your heartrate up. I've also found some that have you run for say 0.25 miles and then do 30 jumping jacks, run 0.25 miles and then do 15 burpees, etc. There are some really good ones on there that I'm always rotating through.
  • ds6099
    Options
    Sorry if my op wasn't clear. I'm looking for 30 minute treadmill running workouts to maximize calorie burn. I generally run at a steady 6 mph on a 2 incline but I feel like I could get some more out of it. Any suggestions?
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Higher incline. Faster speed.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Sorry if my op wasn't clear. I'm looking for 30 minute treadmill running workouts to maximize calorie burn. I generally run at a steady 6 mph on a 2 incline but I feel like I could get some more out of it. Any suggestions?
    The faster you run for 30 minutes the more calories you're going to burn so the fastest you can run for 30 minutes is probably the easiest way to "maximize" calorie burn.

HIIT is also really good. For example, run at 7.5 MPH for 2 minutes and then jog at 5.5 MPH for 2 minutes and repeat. Does your treadmill have any programs built in? Most of them will have some. You can look for speed intervals similar to what I mentioned as well as hill intervals, etc.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    If treadmill is the only option and you are trying to maximize calorie burn, go as fast as you can. Add weight if you can (like a weighted vest or something) and don't hold on to the treadmill... hold weights as you move your arms.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

Intervals of sprints worked in there. There's a fun app called Zombies Run! where you have to speed up to evade being eaten by zombies. There's a whole story line to listen to and 30 minutes is one of the lengths you can select. That might make your treadmill runs more interesting if nothing else!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Run for an hour.
    Run using HIIT..
  • realdeal274
    realdeal274 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Run straight 3x per week. Circuit run 3x per week (do exercises between 400 m recover runs. Choose whatever you want: push ups, sit ups, burpees, pull ups, squats, lunges, bear crawls, etc.) See how many sets you can get through in 30 minutes and try to improve.