Gluten Free?

Options
BettieDiane
BettieDiane Posts: 13 Member
I feel so restricted I have absolutely no gluten free recipes and so limited to my diet. Any recipes would be really awesome

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    There are SO many gluten-free recipes to be found on the internet. I have Celiac disease and I have found a lot online. There are also a lot of good items at many grocery stores.
    I make a really good 'tropical' shrimp dish that only takes a few minutes - I fry in olive oil: raw medium shrimp until pink (remove from heat) then fry some chopped fresh pineapple, green pepper, tomatoes, and avocado. Put the shrimp back in. Add a little gluten-free barbecue sauce and gluten-free parmesan cheese and stir it up! I serve over rice. If you aren't a shrimp fan, you can also cook up diced chicken breast.
  • BettieDiane
    BettieDiane Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much and that sounds so incredible!! I love shrimp but try to avoid it because of the cholesterol it has but that sounds too good to pass up
  • Maryslim54
    Maryslim54 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm gluten free due to celiac. I have been for 2 months. Would love to share recipes and just support each other, this is a hard lifestyle.
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Is hard , but trying new foods can be fun , have found that gluten free versions of foods particularly bread have a reduced nutrition in comparison to the normal, also they put wheat and gluten in a whole range of foods you would not expect. The safest way for me has been the least processed foods are the safest ! The good thing is I have never felt better , no bloating cramping pains and tummy trouble .. Also psoriasis is now almost completely gone !
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm entirely (grass seed) grain free due to intollerances and let me tell you, there are days where I wish I had Celiac! You have whole shopping isles of substitute food available to you and so much more pre-packaged stuff! :joy: Don't get discouraged. It's a bit of a chore getting used to it, but you will shortly. What I did the first two months or so it tackle one food item per shopping trip to find a replacement for. That can be portobello mushroom caps for burger buns, or a mayonnaise without grains, rice, or corn starches. If you do that, then over time you will have an arsenal of products to choose from when shopping and everything becomes easier. If you want some food ideas (or at least an idea of what I eat), go here: http://countingcalscuisine.tumblr.com . Good luck!
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just typed what felt like a small arsenal of recipes in the gluten free dairy free thread, please feel free to read it. Add me and I'll pm you as many recipes as you can handle, lol.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    ABeautifulDistraction Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Tuna Wraps
    1 small can tuna packed in water, drained well
    1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
    1/2 avocado, sliced
    2 green onions, sliced with tops
    cucumber slices
    Romaine lettuce leaves
    Mix together tuna, onions, and balsamic vinegar. Portion onto Romaine leaves with cucumber and avocado. Roll up and enjoy.