Looking for encouragement!

New to MFP. Looking for someone who is in the same boat as me. Looking to lose 100+ lbs. I am currently 20 years old and have decided that it is time to make a change. I have always been overweight but almost hitting 300 lbs has put me over the edge. I have "tried" to lose weight before but never got anywhere with it. I am hoping that having someone to go through this journey with will keep me accountable!

Replies

• Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Welcome! You have made a great decision for yourself. I am not exactly in your peer group as I am a 47 year old father of 4 but I have struggled with weight my whole life. I have lost 179 lbs and still would like to lose 71 more. Feel free to add me for support. Good Luck with your journey. You CAN do this!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Two things jump out from a positive point of vie, your age, as it becomes (or can become) a lot harder to shed weight when you grow older. The "put me over the edge", which hopefully means you have made up your mind to "have to do it" rather than "want to". That is the most important part of the process, because people over here can help you, but in the end it can only be you driving it, and as long as you are dedicated to this it will work.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Welcome to the family..... making the mind change is the first step...
    I wasn't aware what i consume in a day until i started using MFP, i was quite shocked to be honest.
    The times ahead wont be an easy and fast ride but the results are wonderful.
    As @iofred mentioned....your advantage is your age, weightloss is "easier" at a younger age.

Good luck, don't give up....

will see you around