Getting Real

Options
Hello! I've actually been on this app for a few weeks but I haven't been doing the best at logging my calories or holding myself accountable. I need to do a better job at both so I can reach my goal of losing 70 pounds. I'm a teacher so I'm off for the summer and this is the perfect time for me to start making better choices about my eating and my free time so that I can keep making those choices in the fall. I'd love any motivation I can get.

Replies

• Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place and your timing sounds perfect. I have lost 179 lbs with 71 to go so feel free to add me for support. Good Luck with your journey
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi there! :) I'm new too. I too haven't been doing very well in staying within my calories. So I know the feeling. I'm still working on that. Just know that you're not alone. :)
  • lisandrock
    lisandrock Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow teacher! I'm doing the same thing. I'm new and working to lose 34 lbs by Halloween. It's great to have the time to just work on meals and exercise but I worry about the Fall when there is so much going on. What plans do people have for keeping it up? Do you spend all day Sunday cooking and packing? Is there another way? Suggestions welcome!
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Log everything!!! Even the bad days when you eat half a cheesecake and take in double your calories....or is that just me?

I logged the cheesecake and had 2 choices. 1, hate myself for being such an idiot and give up. 2, Learn from it.

So I learned. Firstly, next time those friends say "can we bring anything?" when we invite them for dinner, I'll say "just bring yourselves!!" (This is not the first dinner, and not the first cheesecake). Secondly, the cheesecake lead to a small gain the next day - but not as much as I expected. Thirdly, I am in control of my calorie intake - I just ate a little bit under the next two days, did a little bit more exercise (a walk, not a marathon) and I was back into it.

Live. Log. Learn.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • SarahBailey1005
    SarahBailey1005 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Feel free to add me!
    Lisaandrock, I have the same fears about the fall. I feel like I do this every summer. I do well and then fall hits and it gets too stressful again. I'm not going to do it this time!