32 Yr Old Mama of 3

Options
MommyisFit
MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
I was in the best shape of my life before my surprise 3rd pregnancy. I was at the gym 5-6 days a week and was eating very healthy and felt incredible. I have spent the last year focusing more on my baby. I am looking to start to get back into taking care of myself so I decided to re-join My Fitness Pal.

I am not overweight, but carrying a few more pounds than I like and definitely need to tone up again. I do the best following a Zone Diet as I am a small female and it allows me to never feel hungry and gives me good energy.

One of the main issues I have is that I cannot workout like I used to. I cannot bring my 3rd child to the gym daycare as she is chronically ill and immunocompromised. I do have a treadmill and run a couple miles just about everyday and have completed a 5k recently. However, I thrived in the group class environment. Toning up is definitely more challenging this time around.

Looking for friends with similar goals to help motivate.

Replies

• spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and a stay at home mom of two maintaining my weight - it's so hard to get in those workouts with little kids! My most recent setback is a knee injury (tennis). I wish I could get to more classes, too. Add me, any busy moms!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! My daughter just turned 2. My husband used to work at night so I started working out in my living room. It's very different from group classes and motivation is hard to come by. But with great online support, I find it's totally doable! I log everyday and I exercise daily. Feel free to add me :)
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    mom of 3 boys here, work part time and exercise at home with my workout dvds. I will be 30 in September.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I love streaming video workouts. :) There are a lot of free ones--the BeFit channel, Fitness Blender, and Exercise TV, and a lot more. FitnessRum is a toughy I want to get in shape for.

I'm also a mama of 3.

Good luck!
  • MamaHokie
    MamaHokie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Your first paragraph describes me too! (Except this was my 4th). I'm ready to get back at it and would love more friends for the journey.
  • reesemcmill
    reesemcmill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of two and also find making the time to workout difficult. I have been doing yoga and pilates at home using youtube viseos. Yoga with Adriene is great. I do it usually twice a day- once during naptime or if I can convince myself to get up before the kids and then again before bed. I also have found it has helped with back pain I have had since having my daughter. I will havw to look at the channels MamaBirdBoss is mentioning!