Worst fear?

Options
im curious as to what people are scared of in regards to their weight and weight loss. My worst fear, which I know will happen as I'm already seeing it, is that when I finish losing body fat, I'm going to have horrible excess skin! Any ideas on how I can reduce this without surgery?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Having loose skin is mainly genetics.

Over time, you'll be losing weight and your skins elasticity won't be able to catch up to the decrease in fat. Granted, you'd have to have a larger TDEE and a big deficit.

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Loose skin is almost completely a function of genetics. It may improve over a couple of years after you're done losing, but if you have it there isn't anything than can be done to get rid of it other than filling it back up or getting it removed.
  • jvamanos
    jvamanos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insight, guys :)
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    That I'll never get passed days where enough is not enough. Where I yen for cookies all darn day!
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    That I'll still have cellulite and also have saggy skin...I want to look good, not just deflated XP
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    That i will have a "screw it all to hell" thought and just utterly give up.
  • Mgtei
    Mgtei Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That I would use my weight loss/healthy habits as place to get to a bad place emotionally, i.e., judging others harshly (which would ultimately mean holding myself to stringent physical standards and not appreciating who I am as a whole person who's on a journey, and not just an object to be photographed).
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    1. My mom will finally join me in this journey but already have heart disease.
    2. I don't learn every lesson is this process and am not able to maintain my loss.
    3. Still have all the same health problems even when I reach my ultimate goal.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That I will fall off the wagon. Having lost 20 lbs and getting off diabetes medication I have too much to lose to stop now.
  • elkhunter7x6
    elkhunter7x6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That I will run out of desire, self control, or motivation.
  • x_AmandaJayne_x
    x_AmandaJayne_x Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is that I will fall back into old habits...
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds will win

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Excess skin was a fear but now it's a reality

My big fears now are that I'll have bowed legs and maybe gain the weight back.

I'm a little worried that I'll never get used to not being fat, too, but I think I will. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Read title

Wanted to say zombies

That's all

I'm a mother, nothing scares me
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    1. I'll regain
    2. I'll feel like people only like me for my body so I won't trust as easily
    3. I'll be ridiculed by my family
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Excess skin was a fear but now it's a reality

My big fears now are that I'll have bowed legs and maybe gain the weight back.

I'm a little worried that I'll never get used to not being fat, too, but I think I will. :)

C'n I huh?

I was typing on a keyboard that was on Spanish and doing autocorrect. Already edited. :)
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Fear?

About losing weight?

I do not understand.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am scared my buddha belly will never go away no matter how small I get.
  • nora_gettingfitnow
    nora_gettingfitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That I won't stick to it!!
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Spiders. What is with those eerie little legs? Also the dead girl walk in movies and video games where the screen cuts out and THERE THEY ARE. Ugh.