MFP inspired me.. paying it forward with Before/Current Pics

Options
es11yw.jpg

(crossing my fingers that the picture works and isn’t the size of Canada)

I have only shared this with the two closest people to me and never had any intention of ever sharing it with anyone else; however, I realized how selfish I was being because I came here for motivation and it really gave me the push that I needed. I feel I owe it to others to share my work in progress… if I can inspire or help at least one person it is worth the fear of posting and living the reality that I let myself go.

Here is my story: I injured my back almost a year ago and I was wheelchair bound for 1-2 months because I couldn’t walk. Over the past year I gained a lot of weight, mostly due to being restricted on all physical activity – I couldn’t even vacuum my own house! I also gained weight from being depressed… I am pretty sure I’m considered an emotional eater – but I also just really love food.

Long story short, my highest weight was 214 (btw, I am 5’1.5” and I am considered to have a large frame, for those of you who are curious). When I stepped on the scale I was expecting 175-185. I was obviously floored and ashamed… from that moment I vowed to get my life back. I have limited my calorie intake to 1200 calories/day and I walk/jog/run as often as I can. I can’t run for very long so I tend to stick to interval running where I run hard for 2 minutes then walk for 2 minutes, rinse and repeat. Since the weather has been really nice I have been running outdoors, but if the weather is crappy I run on my dinky treadmill.

Fun fact & not-so fun fact: I started working out on February 10. The month of April was pretty rough because I was traveling for 2.5 weeks out of the month and gained back ~5-8 pounds.

TL;DR:
Height: 5'1.5"
Highest weight: 214
Weight in before picture: 208
Current weight: 186 – nsv: I squeezed into a skirt I haven’t been able to fit in for 7 years.
Goal weight: 128-145

Replies

• mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Firstly- great job, you look wonderful. Your belly is disappearing!

Secondly- You don't look squeezed into the skirt. It looks like it fits your perfectly!
  • Gogetter1314
    Options
    WOW! great job. This is inspiring :)
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you look amazing.
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    Great results and you are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Man, you look half the size!
    You hold your weight very well, I can see that waist line forming too!
    Keep it up!
  • jennybean1985
    Options
    Firstly- great job, you look wonderful. Your belly is disappearing!

Secondly- You don't look squeezed into the skirt. It looks like it fits your perfectly!

Ha! It probably does... it felt tight but I also haven't worn form-fitting clothes in years!
  • jennybean1985
    Options
    Man, you look half the size!
    You hold your weight very well, I can see that waist line forming too!
    Keep it up!

I didn't feel like I was making much progress because the scale hasn't moved very much... but you're right, I look like a totally different person. I don't even recognize myself in the left picture because I still see myself fat!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!
    WELL DONE!
  • jennybean1985
    Options
    WOW! great job. This is inspiring :)

I was terrified to post pictures and never thought I would... but if you're inspired then my mission has been accomplished. :)
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're looking great!! Congratulations on your progress!
  • SmilinSue12
    SmilinSue12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You are/look amazing!!! WTG!!! Really inspiring!! :-)
  • beautifulctb
    beautifulctb Posts: 100
    Options
    Awesome!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That is just amazing!!! What an inspiration you are!!!
  • JuneBabyJeannine
    JuneBabyJeannine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Thank you so much for your willingness to be vulnerable, and to share with all of us!
  • mysis2715
    mysis2715 Posts: 3
    Options
    I can never see anyones pics in these posts. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
  • unicia
    unicia Posts: 2
    Options
    You are beautiful. Congratulations and keep motivating yourself as well as others. And thank you very much for sharing.
  • panhandle
    panhandle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, one day at a time and look at your results..You are doing good..Well done..
  • GingerLawson
    Options
    Very inspiring! Keep up the great work. I am 30 days in on my journey and this gives me hope to stick with it! :smile:
  • samanthamathers393
    Options
    well done, you have just helped me be more determined to do this... x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!