Nutribullet yes/no

Options
Jod1eC
Jod1eC Posts: 35 Member
hi the nutribullet is on offer right now, just wondered if anyone would recommend this or something similar, or if I should save my pennies.

Replies

• VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Do you own a blender? If not, it's great. I bought one for each of my kids for Christmas last year and they love it; they make smoothies every day. But if you own a blender, you don't need the Nutribullet.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    They are great for making frozen margaritas.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I believe a nutribullet will make better work of tougher items, so in theory where a blender blade might get worn out over time, the nb should last longer. So that is something to consider.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    They are great for making frozen margaritas.

This!!! Yes!!! :drinker:
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and love it. It costs about three times as much as what you're looking at and is worth it, IMO. According to user reviews Vitamix blenders commonly last ten years or more while Nutribullets are measured in months. So over the long run, a Vitamix will probably cost you less. Also, Blendtec blenders are comparable to Vitamixes.The other advantage to a Vitamix or Blendtec is that you can make bigger batches (64 ounces) so you can share. I make 3 days worth of my go-to smoothie at a time. It comes out bigger than what you're supposed to blend, at 70 or so ounces.

On the other hand, if you're comparing a NutriBullet to a $30 blender at Walmart, get the NutriBullet.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja! It is smart enough on auto to know when to stop and start so the ice gets blended evenly and the powder/milk/berries are smooth and well blended.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    RENAEJAE wrote: »
    I love my Ninja! It is smart enough on auto to know when to stop and start so the ice gets blended evenly and the powder/milk/berries are smooth and well blended.

Consumer Reports ranked the Ninja blenders better than Vitamix which are 2-3x more expensive. If you have a Kohls in your area they often go on sale, combined with a % off coupon you get as a credit card customer (sometimes 30%) you can get a Ninja for half sticker price.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    No. Get the Ninja !
  • Lady_jane_
    Lady_jane_ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Nutibullet, but I have had my magic bullet for at least 5 years and it still works perfectly fine. I would say go for it.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    My husband averages 3 smoothies a week. LOVE our Ninja, too. It's been the best of all the small blenders we've tried.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I don't use my nutribullet as often as I thought I would. When I do use it, it gets the job done nicely.
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    jim180155 wrote: »
    I have a Vitamix and love it. It costs about three times as much as what you're looking at and is worth it, IMO. According to user reviews Vitamix blenders commonly last ten years or more while Nutribullets are measured in months. So over the long run, a Vitamix will probably cost you less. Also, Blendtec blenders are comparable to Vitamixes.The other advantage to a Vitamix or Blendtec is that you can make bigger batches (64 ounces) so you can share. I make 3 days worth of my go-to smoothie at a time. It comes out bigger than what you're supposed to blend, at 70 or so ounces.

On the other hand, if you're comparing a NutriBullet to a $30 blender at Walmart, get the NutriBullet.
    I have a Ninja now and I am saving up for the Vitamix! All the reviews I read on it and friends that have them I can't wait to get mine!
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja Pulse Blender and love it. I make smooties twice a week.
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet. I think because of the smaller size, it mixes (purees) ingredients better than my blender. We did have issues with rust in our first blade, and the grinding noise that it made caused us to think the motor was burning out. But we were able to buy just the blade replacement (which they have re-designed so that getting moisture in it is no longer a problem) and we are going on 2 1/2 years with the second blade. We use it daily. My husband and I have fallen in love with green smoothies for breakfast, and my boys love to do quick fruit smoothies as well. I have been criticized for falling for the gimmick, but it is simple to use, easy to clean, doesn't take much space, and mixes my drinks until they're smooth. I love being able to make something quick for just me when I want to without having to pull out my blender. It has really been great for me to help me get in my daily goal of fruits and vegetables. Right now I can get at nutribullet for $89, compared to $300 for a BlendTec or $500 for a Vitamix. For the price, and how I use it, nutribullet works for me.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I use NutriBullet and other's claims that it doesnt last are unfounded. I have one for 3 years now and use it daily at least 8 times - still going strong.

I like the small footprint and powerful motor - blends everything! Also, the small size is a plus, in my opinion, as I've never had a need to blend anything for a group. I do not prepare my smoothies in advance, as it kind of defeats the purpose of freshness. I would highly recommend NutriBullet.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I have the magic bullet. Only thing I don't like is that I can't buy a blade separately. It's a total bummer.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    MasterVal wrote: »
    I use NutriBullet and other's claims that it doesnt last are unfounded. I have one for 3 years now and use it daily at least 8 times - still going strong.

I like the small footprint and powerful motor - blends everything! Also, the small size is a plus, in my opinion, as I've never had a need to blend anything for a group. I do not prepare my smoothies in advance, as it kind of defeats the purpose of freshness. I would highly recommend NutriBullet.

Based on the posts in this thread I wouldn't have mentoined the reliability of the Nutibullet. It was at least a year ago, maybe two, when I looked into them and saw a lot of complaints. They must've addressed the issue since then.

I used to make all my smoothies fresh too, but the package size of some of my ingredients makes the 3 day batch so much easier. (Full box of kale, one whole avacado, one whole tomato, 1/2 of a 4 cup container of Greek yogurt, etc.) the blending and cleaning don't take much time, but measuring or weighing each ingredient is more of a hassle. At first I used to drink the whole thing because I wanted it all to be fresh, but at 1,000 to 1,200 calories it was hard to stay under my daily goal. So now I do three day batches.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'd say Vitamix or BlendTec if you can afford them. Snatched a "used" BlendTec one off eBay for $200 but I got it and it was completely new! Recently ordered a Twister jar for it to make some almond butter and some makeshift Nutella.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Does the Ninja crush ice to the consistency of a 7/11 slurpee?
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    One thing I really like about the NINJA is that it does not heat the contents that are blended, which is a huge benefit for juicing fruits and veggies.