need healthy food ideas

Options
I cant seem to loose weight, but I don't eat bad, I think in under eating but not really sure, its really to hard to cound since I don't eat a lot of stuff easy to measure
but whats your favorite mean, particulary something you would take to lunch at work...

Replies

• FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    "Healthy" can be a subjective term. Can you expound on this a little more? What's in your diary (it's completely private so I can't see what you're eating even though we're friends)? Do you have a food scale? The only time I find it difficult is when I'm eating out at a small neighborhood restaurant. I can't exactly bring a scale with me. And the restaurant will be too small to have a website, let alone a website with an online menu and nutritional information.

As for tips I would say measure ahead of time and pre-enter your food. I measure out Monday's snacks and lunch on Sunday night. Then I immediately enter it all into MFP. Keeps me more accountable and things are more accurate).

Also, if you're looking for the next step in getting an accurate calorie count, check out the database infomation and compare it to a trusted website that measures the nutritional information for food. For example, some foods are missing potassium (which I am tracking), so I'll edit them and fill in the blanks with info from a trusted site. Some entries only list the calories (which I find bothersome), but I wouldn't expect everyone to follow this step.... although personally, the food database really does need a makeover of sorts.

Ok I'll end this before I ramble on some more. :wink:

Editted for actual snack ideas: Almonds, banana, yogurt, string cheese, cherries, grapes, cherry tomatoes, carrots, slice of bread w/ TBS of peanut butter folded in half, cottage or ricotta cheese, raspberries, blackberries
  • shemyg06
    shemyg06 Posts: 84
    Options
    I have no scale, and therefore I don't ever record my food, my breakfast is usually 3 large boiled eggs with a fruit smoothie and 2 chicken sandwiches
    each chicken sandwich is a small boneless skinless chicken breast grilled on a George foreman and placed on a piece of wheat bread with half a piece of cheese, the and some light ranch dressing, the bread is then folded over.

my snack after being at work 2 hours is currently a special K protein bar (or 2) and ill normally have another 2 hours before I leave
    my lunch varies though. last week I ate home made chilli on most days which was mage with lean beef, canned sauce, and fresh chopped bell peppers as well as another pepper I cant remember the name for. the rest of the week I had a chicken breast, these were lager than breakfast and baked with a piece of cheese and either ranch or Italian dressing
    this week my lunch is canned soups campbells chunky soups to be specific