Starting again for the 100th time.

Options
I am new to My Fitness Pal. I have been struggling with my weight my whole life. As a young child I was only a little over weight, but because my mother was so scared I was going to get FAT, she put me on fade diets since age 12. Now Im married with children and still have the same issues, but of course even more weight to loose. I really struggle staying on course on the weekends. I am so self conscience that it is affecting every part of my life. Everyone around me seems to be able to drop the pounds, yet not me. Hoping this will be the last time I START a diet.

Replies

• darintexas
    darintexas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi =)

Meeeeee toooooo!!!! =)) I know exactly how you feel and where you're coming from....nice to know that I'm not alone =)

Don't know if it will help at all, but THIS time I'm really trying to take a different approach and make a a healthy and complete "lifestyle change" instead of me just trying to work on one of my proverbial diets - b/c so far, that juuuuust hasn't really worked for me.....

I'm really trying to do/incorporate things that I can continue for the rest of my life.

Approaching it that way has really made me change what I'm looking at/doing/using in terms of weight loss...

Maybe thinking about it that way will be helpful -- I know it's not new info....and it's something that I've known for a long time - lol - buuuut, I am really trying to DO that now ;))

I just started on MFP too and so far have really enjoyed reading peoples' posts, ideas, and success stories! Have found lots of tips & recipes - am really looking forward to incorporating MFP as part of my daily routine!

Please feel free to add me if as a friend if you'd like - we can help encourage each other =))
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MFP! Here, I promise that you will find support and encouragement! Logging your food daily along with exercise will help you stay focused and continue on the track of success!

Feel free to add me as a friend :)