Water weight

Options
JimieLou
JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
About how long after starting a new regimen does your body hold on to water weight before it starts losing?
I started insanity about 5 days ago and I know hat my muscles are holding onto water for repair? How long until they let go of it? I'm trying to stay away from the scale for the month because it really sucks to have a good regime and diet in place and see the scale still go up?
Any input???

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    It can vary. I don't believe it really lets the water go until you drop your activity level (I do not recommend that) but eventually your weight loss catches up and the scale starts moving again.

For me, it took almost a month start seeing the scale move but I could see a big difference in my before and during pics.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it takes a week or two for it to change for me when I make a change or addition to my activity level. sometimes I can see it on the measuring tape and other times, not so much
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, my trainer told me to wait a couple days after lifting before weighing myself. It gives your body time to let go of the swole factor. I am going thru the after lifting bloat right now and understand where you are coming from.