Losing the weight

Options
How quickly did everyone Start losing even the first few pounds. I've lost weight before and the first week or so I lost like 5 pounds. I'm finishing up week 2 definately watching the calories and definately WAY more active. I went from being active to taking a night shift job to where I'm not really active at all. It had gotten to where my legs were hurting every day and I was gaining more weight. So 2 weeks ago I decided to take action. Once I started walking my leg pain stopped but I haven't noticed anything on the scale go down . Maybe the night shift is making my body harder to lose?!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone when they first start calorie restricting. Some people lose a lot of water weight, some don't.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't even know since I can't pinpoint an exact time I "started" to try to lose weight. Also most of my weight loss attempts have been accidental weight losses i wanted to try to keep going.

I would try to eat at a healthy deficit for 3-4 weeks then if you haven't lost weight evaluate if there is a problem. Make sure you are logging as accurately as you can/weighing foods when you can in the meantime.
  • metiva
    metiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i felt the same as you. it's been about 5 weeks since i've started my deficit and going to they gym 3-5 x a week. i started with 3 weeks of nothing but weight training/lots of leg work. i figure if i gained muscle in my legs i will lose pretty nicely around that area too. Will haven't lost much there but legs do seem firmer/toner and my tummy has shrunk a bit. My scale has been really fluctuating from a 6lbs loss to 8lbs gain, changes weekly....really weird but from reading lots on here i think its just muscle gain and water retention from all the workouts.

it is a bummer not seeing the number on the scale go lower but i know i'm doing something right so i'm trying not to get to discouraged and keep doing what i've been doing...Eating healthy, working out and logging in all my food.

Let's not count on that scale so much!

WE can do it!! YOU can do it!!!

LETS do it!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Watching the calories and being in a deficit are two different things.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I started just walking on my treadmill every night and making sure I never eat the calories earned from exercise. I also gave up soda. Which really made a difference. I have a lot of back problems and a knee that doesn't bend like it should so I can't do all the exercises I want to. Yoga was great!! I got a DVD from the local library. Thought I'd try it before spending the money on it. I did it for 2 weeks alternately from the treadmill. Didn't think I'd lose but I did. Start out slow. If there is anything you need just let me know. I started May 31st. And have lost 21lbs. I have 79lbs to go!!! You can do this just be patient. I'll be here for you. Look me up in the introduce yourself section to see my story. Together we'll knock the weight into outer space
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If memory serves my first week I lost around three pounds. After that it was one pound per week for a while, then I upped my calories and it slowed.

Good luck! :)