Getting in shape by the time I turn 25

Options
IronBatMaiden
IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
I've never been overweight or obese. I've always been thin, but I've never been toned or in shape. So pretty much skinny fat. :/

Even though I turn 24 in 3 days, I want to set a goal where I get into great shape by the time I turn 25 next year. Right now, I'm in the process of moving house with my family (yes, I'm still at home) and where we're moving is very close to a 24-Hour Fitness. So as soon as we move, I'll be able to go to sign up for a membership over there.

I don't want to have it where I look good in clothes but I have no muscle tone when naked or in my bikini. I want to be smokin' hot and healthy. This is something I want to continue for as long as I can for the rest of my life.

I just hope I can get there. This community seems to have motivated many people and I want to have the same motivation.

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    You've got this. For your goals, you'll want to do a lot of weight lifting, while eating to maintain your weight. Put in the time and consistency, and you can do some amazing things in the course of 1 year!
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    You've got this. For your goals, you'll want to do a lot of weight lifting, while eating to maintain your weight. Put in the time and consistency, and you can do some amazing things in the course of 1 year!

Do you recommend I get a trainer to help me with that? I am completely clueless about it.

Further, do I also need to not do a lot of cardio?
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You might want to at least do a session with a trainer to teach you how to do some weight lifting otherwise it can be a little overwhelming and intimidating. Alternatively you can look for some weightlifting videos or routines online.
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    karlis87 wrote: »
    You might want to at least do a session with a trainer to teach you how to do some weight lifting otherwise it can be a little overwhelming and intimidating. Alternatively you can look for some weightlifting videos or routines online.

That's what I thought. I'm gonna do the latter temporarily before moving to the new house and signing up for the gym membership.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Oh man I am in the same boat, but I turn 25 in a few months :dizzy: also I have the more common problem of wanting the weight to go down.

Good luck!
  • IronBatMaiden
    Options
    Oh man I am in the same boat, but I turn 25 in a few months :dizzy: also I have the more common problem of wanting the weight to go down.

Good luck!

Thanks! Good luck to you too! :smiley: