Fresh green beans recipes

Kandy4mel
Kandy4mel Posts: 95 Member
I am making fresh green beans tonight for dinner and I was wondering how do you all like to make yours? Just plain steamed or fancied up and paired with other things?

Replies

• fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    In the Forman grill with a lil olive oil and heavy garlic, sometimes we add red onion too.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Steamed.

Sometimes I fancy it up a bit with some butter and garlic salt.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    This is what I did with mine tonight: spicy ginger and nutmeg steamed red peel potatoes with green beans, boiled egg, and (vegetarian) garlic chicken (294 cal)

894dvih0i7eb.png
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member

Sometimes sort of stir fired with one or two teaspoons of oil and a head of garlic.
    Then water added to steam/finish cooking.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Salt and fresh lemon juice makes green beans extra tasty!
  • Kandy4mel
    Kandy4mel Posts: 95 Member
    Those all sound good. I may have to buy more green beans to try all the suggestions. Thanks everyone!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Roast with olive oil, salt and pepper - you can add garlic or parm too. It gets browned and still crispy.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Roast with olive oil, salt and pepper - you can add garlic or parm too. It gets browned and still crispy.

These instructions work well with asparagus too.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    I like them lightly sautee'd with sliced garlic, and splashed with a good balsamic vinegar towards the end.
  • Karin066
    Karin066 Posts: 11 Member
    Cook green beans and top with fat free feta cheese and crumbled bacon or bacon bits while hot. This is frequently a meal for me.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    If they're REALLY fresh, like just picked kind of fresh, I don't need to add anything. I don't want to add anything because they taste so good! Steamed for me, please!

If they're fresh, like bought at the grocery store fresh, onion and maybe a sprinkling of cheese or a bitty bit of oil. Roasted.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Pan fried with a bit of oil, sometimes with mushrooms. Garlic is good too. For special occasions I often add dill and pinenuts.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    (I have an insane amount of green beans at the moment, maybe I should switch it up some.)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Steamed. Top with a bit of dill weed.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    I just boil them (add to boiling water, cook 6 mins) and throw on a bit of lemon juice.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    I love to sautee them in EVOO with lots of garlic, add in some mushrooms and cherry tomatoes...some seasonings and balsamic. :p Yum. If I feel like living on the edge, I'll add a little Parmesan.